*Playing With the Devil*

Jacob's POV

I watched the mans life slowly leave his eyes as plunged my knife deeper into his chest. His blood covered his chest and my hands. I could feel his final breath on my face as he finally slipped into the unknown.

     Watching him die instantly released any stress that I had. This man had owed me thousands yet still some how managed to escape my men. He regretted it the moment I walked into his house.

    I've been in Italy for a little over four and a half months now. I left Charlie alone back in America and it kills me even more everyday.  She doesn't deserve someone like me yet she always comes to me.

     Victoria and Austin were giving me reports on her up until they left to join me in Italy. Based off of what they said she is a zombie like person.

     I know I'm a real jerk for doing something like this to someone oh so innocent but she doesn't fucking deserve the life that comes along with me.

    I kill people for fun, she draws for fun. I am mean to everyone, everyone loves her. Everyone is scared of me, everyone but her. Charlie is not scared of me like everyone else. 

    Her smile alone makes me want to smile. The dimples that pop up when she is smiling about something she truly loves. The way her nose crinkles when she laughs or how when she laughs hard she will snort. All of it pulls me to her.

     And fuck, those lips of hers. I could kiss them all day if she would let me. They are soft and plump, like they are awaiting my kiss. It kills me to not be able to kiss those lips of hers. 

  Ever since that day in the alley she is all I ever think about. Those brown eyes of hers always captures me. Her innocence also kills me. Being in Italy and away from her is harder than what I thought it was going to be. I hate to admit it and no one would ever hear it leave my mouth, but I miss her. 

   I heard shouting from the distance and I instantly lifted my gun towards the noise. I watched as three unfamiliar men ran towards me with angry faces. Without any emotion I shot each of them. One in the head, another in the chest, and the final one in the arm. I left the one alive so I can question him.

   The bodies dropped to the ground with a thump. Keeping my gun in my hand I walked towards the bodies. The man I shot in arm sat on the ground groaning. I rolled my eyes and leaned down to his level. A small black 3 headed dog sat on his neck. Cerberus. The rival gang that has been trying to out win me these past few years. I still have no idea who the leader is and it pisses me off. 

   I moved him so he was on his side and pointed my gun at his head. The man stared up at me with an hatred glare. 

   "Who is your leader?" I said reciprocating his glare. He just stayed silent. 

   "Who is your leader!" I yelled.

   "Fuck you." He grunted out. I just rolled my eyes and put the gun further into his head.

   "I will not repeat myself again. Who is your leader." I hissed out.

   "Go to Hell." With that I pulled the trigger. The gunshot rang through the building of the warehouse. I could hear the gunshot ricochet off of the cement ground meaning the bullet went straight through his skull. 

   Their whole gang is pathetic and it pisses me off. They think that they can out smart me by luring me into the abandoned warehouse. Little did they know that I was ready for them.  

   I walked out to my car and sat in the drivers seat. Attached to the mirror was a small dark blue scrunchie that belongs to the girl back in America. The scrunchie hasn't been touched since I had put it there on my way here. 

   I had stolen the scrunchie off of her desk chair the day that I left before she woke up. The color reminded me of her so I grabbed it. Staring at the scrunchie itself made me relax a little bit. With a sigh I pulled out of the warehouse parking lot and started my journey to the play I've called home for the past few months. 

   Opening the door to the house I could hear my friends chatter. The chatter quieted as I entered the room. Their gazes shifted over to me and my blood filled clothes and body. 

   "I see someone decided to play with the Devil." Vickie joked slightly but the air around them see thick and unsettling. 

   "Go clean up man. We need to talk about something." Austin said suddenly becoming tense. I raised my eyebrows at him. With a nod I turned around and made my way up into my room. I walked into the bathroom and turned the shower on. I stepped back and looked into the mirror.

   The man that stood in the mirror pleased me, almost calmed me. The blood of the men I had killed was all over me. The things that bring me peace are sick but it's true. 

   I began to undress then stepped into the shower. The burning hot water felt like cold water against my skin. Even the hottest of temperatures feel like ice water. 

   After my shower I changed into a simple black tee and black jeans. I walked out of my room and down stairs to where my friends stood in silence looking at each other, like they were having a mental conversation. Upon my entrance they looked over at me. 

   "What did you want to talk about." I said grabbing a water out of the fridge. They both visibly gulped.

   "It's about Charlie." Speaking of her name just sent chills down my spine. My head snapped up and I glared at them.

   "I told you not to bring that name up to me." I snapped at Austin. I told them to not bring her up because thinking about her makes me have this weird feeling. I don't like it.

   "We know Jacob but this, this is bad." Victoria spoke quietly avoiding my burning gaze.

   "Well out with it." I spoke crossing my arms. Austin shifted on his feet slightly before speaking. 

    "We believe that Cerberus is after her." Austin spoke slowly. My blood ran cold and rage filled my senses.

    "How the fuck do they even know about her!" I shouted out at my best friends. I left America to get them off my trail and to take over the business here and yet they still figured out about her, how.  

   "We don't exactly know but we got these in the mail while you were gone." Victoria said handing me a yellow package. I walked over to the counter and dumped its contents out. 

   Pictures of Charlie poured out of it. My blood instantly began boiling. Some were of her at school, while others she was at home. She had her headphones in and she looked like she was depressed. Some were of her sleeping. The ones that made me the most mad where the pictures that there were most of. 

   About 20 different pictures of Charlie lacking clothes or changing sat in front of me. Some she was in her towel grabbing clothes while others were of her in a bra, there was even one or two with her in her underwear with a hoodie on. 

   "Book the first flight back to America now!" I yelled and started putting the pictures back into the package where they came from. I wasn't just mad, I was livid. Someone had been stalking her and taking pictures of her. 

   The trip back to America was filled with silence. None of my friends dared to utter a word. We all knew how much danger Charlie is in if Cerberus really did send those pictures. With our mafia not knowing who the leader is it could put her into 10 times more danger. It could be someone who she trusts completely. 

    As soon as we landed in America I went to the first place where I knew she was going to be. I leaned against my Camaro in pouring rain in front of our high school. Students littered the lawn as the school day had just ended. 

   Then I saw her and my whole world stopped.