15

A/N: even though they're shifted, I'll be (primarily) calling them by the human names because it's easier and less awkward to shift between two names :)))

Calix hadn't seen Kegan's wolf before, but he knew Kegan has seen his. His wolf, Zakai, was pitch black with golden eyes and was as big as a lion.

Most Alpha wolves were naturally bigger, and the Alphas of the pack usually ended up being even taller and bulkier than the other common Alphas in their pack.

Kegan shifted to his own wolf, the white fur covering his body and purple eyes coming out to show the control that Jade now had. He was much smaller than Calix, closer to the size of a big lynx. His nose reached Calix's shoulder where he pressed the side of his face once he had shifted.

Calix's eyes were a mix of gold and blue, showing the control they shared. On the contrary, Jade wasn't allowing Kegan any control or shared power, scared that Kegan would take over and shift back to human.

The bigger wolf guided Kegan deeper into the woods, jogging and sticking his tongue out like an overgrown puppy.

"He's so elegant!" Jade purred as they ran deeper into the wooded area until they reached a sunny clearing where tall grass grew with small flowering plants throughout the field.

Kegan laughed at his wolf's praise of their mate. "He's such a pup."

"He's our Alpha!"

"His tongue is hanging out of his mouth like a two month old pup!"

Jade just growled and fell silent, seeming intent on trailing the Alpha to the field. As soon as they met the sunny clearing, Calix dove into the tall grass, flipping onto his stomach and peeking at the Omega through the blades.

Kegan edged close to the grass, sitting at the edge and tilting his head in confusion. He didn't know why Calix was acting like such a pup, but he didn't want to correct an Alpha or do something wrong.

Suddenly, Calix let out a bark, making Kegan jump back fearfully. The bigger wolf jumped out of the grass, his front paws and front half of his body lowered to the ground, tongue hanging out of his mouth.

"What's he doing?" Kegan asked, not sure what to think of the Alpha. He felt Jade lower himself to mimic the position, wagging his tail like a common dogs

"He wants to play. I personally wouldn't mind something more sexual, but I don't think that's his motive," Jade grumbled, making Kegan scold him.

Calix barked again, rolling into his back and revealing his stomach. That was a huge deal for both Jade and Kegan, since having a mate show their stomach in their wolf form was showing full trust and vulnerability.

Kegan didn't stop his wolf as he walked over to their mate and pushed his nose into his mate's open stomach, showing their respect and acceptance of their mate's trust.

As soon as he did that, Kegan shrunk to his stomach completely, resting his head on the ground beside Calix, showing his submission to the Alpha.

Calix flipped onto his stomach beside the Omega and grabbed his ear in his mouth, playfully pulling on it.

Kegan growled at the Alpha, hating how the saliva was matting the longer fur on his ears. He pulled away and shook his head, only to be pinned down by Calix.

The Alpha hung out his tongue playfully, and his scent didn't show any anger or aggression. He lowered his nose to Kegan's neck, nuzzling the fur and pulling at his ear seconds later.

Kegan pushed pass Jade's control and whimpered, not liking the feel of being powerless. He didn't mind being in human form and walking side by side with Calix, holding his hand and even allowing the Alpha to hold around his waist.