17

*・゚゚・*:

*・゚゚・*:.。..。.:*゚:*:✼✿✿✼:*゚:.。..。.:*・゚゚・*

tw//abuse

   He's coming over right now, and I'm about to shit myself I'm so scared.

   "You promise you'll stay on the phone?" I ramble to Harry who's on the other end of the line. The band is busy tonight at the premiere for their concert movie, This Is Us, but tonight is the only time that Bennett has been free since football practice started at the beginning of the month.

Senior year starts Monday, and Jane is currently staying late at the elementary school to prepare her classroom.

   "I promise. He's almost there, right? I just got off the carpet and management is going to make me put my phone up once the film starts," Harry yells over all of the chaos surrounding him.

   "Oh!" I jump with minuscule excitement at the sight of Bennett's monstrous truck's headlights lighting up my small driveway. "He's here!" I bring my nails up to my mouth and start nervously biting them as I scurry over to the small dining table in our great room. I can practically taste my freedom it's so close.

   "Don't worry. Do everything just like we talked about. Leave your phone on the dining table, but not on speaker so he doesn't-"

   "Hear you. I know," I laugh giddily, interrupting his repeated statement that he's gone over with me everyday since the awards on Sunday. "Keep him outside so he can't get in and corner me, make it short and sweet, kindly tell him to fuck off, and then lock him out forever. Bing, bang, boom. Done."

   A loud knock bangs against the flimsy front door, jolting me out of my joking conversation and stealing away some of the excitement I felt. Nerves that I didn't want but definitely expected start to build deep inside of me, but I try my best to gulp them down with a deep breath in and out. This will all be worth it once Bennett Cameron is gone and out of my life for good. After all, Harry and I's plan is completely fool proof. What can go wrong?

   "He's at the door, Harry."

   "You've got this, Georgia Rose. I'll be right here, I promise," Harry beams through the phone, trying to sound as enthusiastic as possible for my sake.

   "Thanks, Harold. Okay, I'm setting the phone down now," I shout into the phone as I pull it from my ear and set it on the table.

   Knowing that he's here, if not physically but still listening, makes this easier. It reminds me of why and who I'm doing this for. Of course I need to get out of this for myself, but I never would have found the courage to if it hadn't been for Harry. Also, the thought of my poor mother finding out the real truth about Bennett would probably kill her, so there's that aspect.

   I rub my sweaty palms against the blue jean fabric of my shorts as I head for the door, too many thoughts to focus on just one swirling through my brain.