Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 28 // 𝑀𝑒𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑖𝑒𝑠

And I'm still in love with the idea of loving you,
It's a state of flux, but it's not enough.

Flux - Ellie Goulding

▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎

"What?" I ask my mother to confirm what I just heard and she repeats, "I said, the owner is auctioning the old house where you used to play."

"I didn't know that it belonged to anyone in particular," I scrunch my eyes in confusion.

Yeah, I didn't. Because I haven't seen or heard about the owner of that abandoned house in the past ten years. And now, hearing about our secret place had an owner, just felt weird, even somewhat wrong.

"Noone knew actually. It's just three days ago he arrived and put a board of auction. Turns out, he had been out of the country for years and was here for some business meeting. So he decided it was better to sell the house and make money because he won't be coming back anytime sooner." Mom explains.

"That's doesn't make sense. Why now after all these years?" I mutter in frustration. I've been so frustrated these past days with all the stuff going on in my head that now I didn't even know what the reason for my frustration was. Whether that the abandoned house had an owner or the fact that I still cared about that place. That house is probably the last and final memory of me and Rachel but guess what, it doesn't matter anymore. It shouldn't right? She isn't coming back anytime sooner and I'm not sure either if I want her back.

The day passes wearily until mom informs me about Matt's visit to the house, the day before. So I decide to visit Tyler's house in the evening, to spend some time with my friends. When I reach there, I see everyone else already gathered there. I walk inside after parking my Mom's truck in the driveway. Well, I left my Mustang at Liam's place back in Los Angeles.

"Hey look, our man is here," Tyler exclaims at my sight in the doorway. He comes towards me and welcomes me with a manly hug as we both make our way to the rest of the group. I see Sam sitting next to Matt as always and she looks kind of different. Oh right! She got a new hair color. Suits her.

I shake my hands with the other guys and Samantha just ignores me like she had been doing for the past two years. I didn't blame her actually, because I knew I was the one at fault here. I was the one who starting dating her other best friend when Rachel left. And Sam loved Rachel so much that I understood her hatred after watching Chloe and me together.

I still remember how angry Sam was when she found out about my relationship with Chloe. She already blamed Chloe for Rachel's departure and now that Chloe broke the bro- code, she hated both of us. Her hatred didn't bother me then as I was already devastated and heartbroken because of Rachel. I made some stupidest decisions at that time which I'm not proud of like ignoring my friends, making Chloe my fake girlfriend and the list continues. But now when I felt so broken and lonely all the time, I needed my friends back. I had to tell Sam about my breakup with Chloe and just when I take a step towards Sam, I heard an overly cheerful voice.

"Baby, you're finally here. I've waited for hours." Chloe comes and kisses my lips in front of everyone. Everyone stops talking, Matt ignores it. Ty smirks at me and I swear I heard Sam snort.