games

"I'm just a journalist doing my job." She put her hands up defensively, and passively looking at Tommy. She raised an eyebrow at him now, and Tommy almost thinks she's being playful with him.

"A journalist." He said, and the title journalist rolled in his mouth. "Is that why you've been snooping around my factories?"

"Well, you've been laundering money through these buildings you call factories." She said, before bringing her pen to her lips "Allegedly."

"I nearly just sued you then."

She giggled, and looked down at her feet. "I hear you do bad things, Mr. Shelby."

"I do." He confessed proudly. "Would you like to see what it is that I do?"

"Don't think that'll be very smart. I'm a journalist, whatever I see, I'll put on paper."

He looks down at her fingers, long and slender. No ring. Tommy's eyes trailed back up to her pretty eyes. "Do you like games, Ms. Hartley?"

She had a whimsical smirk on her face. "I like having my fingers, and my sight."

"Noooo." He teased, "I wouldn't blind you. You're eyes are your biggest asset." He leans in now and touches her chin.

She pulled back, smirking. "Are you admitting that you blind people?"

He smirked, and she felt her breath catch in her throat. Not because he basically admitting to blinding people but because of his apparent beauty.