Epilogue

Author's note: Here is the epilogue you have all been waiting for. I have never written an epilogue before, so I hope it somewhat reaches your expectations and if not then I am sorry. I promised I tried.😓

Without any further ado, here is the update!!!

~~~○●○♡○●○~~~

Pristine white curtains fluttered from the gentle breeze that the Mumbai rain brought with it. The scent of wet mud still managed to bring a smile on Shaurya's face. The afternoon sun fought hard to emerge from behind the thick blanket of clouds, but it barely managed to get the barest hint of its tendrils out filling the city with anticipation of a few sunny days ahead.

Dhvani smiled down at the top of Shaurya's head. He lay on his stomach and facing away from her so that she couldn't see his face, but she knew his expressions by heart, so it wasn't difficult to know what he was doing. Even as she ran her fingers through his thick black hair, he didn't bother to look up.

She couldn't believe two years had passed since she had told him that she wanted to marry him. Two years since they had both decided to give each other a third chance. As they say, third time is the charm! Not to say they didn't have their own set of ups and downs. However, this time around, they knew what they were fighting for, which made their journey so much more easier.

Shaurya raised his head up to look at her, and she felt her breath hitch. It was crazy how a man, even after so many years together, still managed to take her breath away. It was a miracle that God had given them these chances, and they had promised themselves and each other that they would take advantage of this.

"Okay," Dhvani announced and pushed Shaurya out of the way. "We are done!" Picking up their now sleeping daughter, Dhvani brought Shanaya closer to her so she could inhale her sweet baby scent.

"Once more," Shaurya pleaded and gave Dhvani his best Dhruv impression and puckered his lips to place a kiss on his daughter's cheek.

"No, that's enough!" Dhvani shook her head and began getting up when he held her hand to stop her. She hissed in response, and he immediately let go with a mumbled apology.

"That's more than enough. Dhruv will be back from school anytime now, and he is bringing his friend. You are going to keep them occupied, so I can plan Dhruv's birthday party." She ordered and placed Shanaya into the crib. Covering her with her soft fluffy blanket that Shaurya bought for her from England, she said, "Shaurya, shut the windows."

Dhvani let out an exasperated sigh when she saw Shaurya leaning into the crib once again to stroke their daughter's cheek. He had been away from them for almost a month on a series, so he thought he needed to make up for all the kisses and hugs he had missed. Dhvani often complained that the kids seemed to love him more than her. Hitting him lightly on his shoulder and giving a glare, she walked over to the window to shut it.

"She is so beautiful," Shaurya said and wrapped his arm around Dhvani's shoulder when she returned. "Just like her mother."

Dhvani let out a choked laugh and twisted her body look at him. "What did you do, Shaurya?"

"What do you mean? I am just giving my wife and daughter a compliment. Can I not do that?" He asked, looking at her with an offended glance.

"Uh-huh!" She straightened his collar and smiled.

He followed her out of the bedroom after softly shutting the door.

"I am making sandwiches for Dhruv and his friend. Do you want one?" She asked from the kitchen.