¹³ Healer

The smell of BBQ reminded you of your appetite.

Sat in a circle on the floor beside Beomgyu and Yeonjun, the boys debated over what movie to watch after dinner.

"Why would you purposely want to scare yourself? The world we live in is scary enough!" Hueningkai claims.

"It's the thrill of it all! It's also funny seeing your reactions when you're frightened haha." Yeonjun rebutts.

"Please Yeonjun, you and Beomgyu are outnumbered." Taehyun joins.

"What do you think, Y/N?" Beomgyu scoots closer to you, holding up his spoon to you like a mic.

"Well," you playfully push Beomgyu's arm away.

"I don't watch a lot of movies.
But I loved Parasite, and that was a thriller. So I'll say that!"

"Wow you really are soulmates." Soobin mumbles, making intense eye contact with Yeonjun.

You felt your cheeks heat up, not making eye contact with Yeonjun.

"What about me?" Beomgyu pouts, jokingly feeling left out team thriller.

"You're cool too, Beom." You smile and ruffle his hair.

You and Beomgyu were in your own little world, oblivious to Yeonjun's gaze.
However, Soobin saw the intent and fire in his eyes.

The little crease in his forehead and grip on his chopsticks said it all.

He's jealous.

Yeonjun couldn't understand.
How did you and Beomgyu bond so easily?
Your eyes sparkled the same way as they did with Felix.

You've only known each other for a few days, and yet you looked like childhood friends.

Why couldn't you look at him that way?
Did you?

His skin felt like it was burning, caught up in his own head.

Were they sure Beomgyu wasn't your soulmate?

Yeonjun's mind raced and thoughts started getting cloudy, causing him to drop the drinking glass he held at his lips.

The glass fell to the ground, shattering into pieces.

"Are you okay, Yeonjun-hyung?" Soobin asks, looking down at his monitor.

"I'll go get something to clean this up." You stand and excuse yourself.

"I'll come help, Y/N!" Beomgyu quickly joins you.

As you and Beomgyu left their sights, Yeonjun's wave rate began to increase.

He wrapped his hand around the monitor, trying to muffle to sounds it emitted.

"You're jealous, hyung." Taehyun's the first to speak.

"Why would I be jealous?
I don't even know her, you don't even know her. At least I'm not up her ass like Beo-"