48

Ria's eyes reached for Koustav. He was calm,as if he was thinking something. Forgetting about decorating the cake, Romy kept looing at Ujaan, with Nabila's fake cough,she realised and made herself looking at the cake.

Ujaan entered as Koustav ushered him  inside. Ria saw him coming in her direction. She took the flowers from him and smiled. "Come here and cut the cake fast.",called Koustav. Another time, Ria blew out the candles,and the first bite was stolen by Niloy this time. Koustav was having him in his lap. Mita asked the young couple to feed each other and she,herself clicked the picture with her shaky hands. Mita had started doing Facebook just a few days back.

Slowly everyone was served cake and Ujaan approached Ria. Koustav was sticking beside her since he had come. "So...Have a great year ahead. Congratulations again. See you later. Bye.",Koustav would have heaved a sigh of relief unless his wife had asked," so soon? How are you?Heard you had Meningitis."
Koustav's face showed clear irritation, but as Ria elbowed his torso, he had to ask him too. "Just came to wish you.Have some other plans tonight.",Ujaan's calm demeanor assured Koustav of his changed self. 

Himadri noticed no change in his wife's behaviour. She just avoided the crowd and sat with her baby, toying." You saw him? He is here."

"Yes,I saw. But he means nothing to me. Nor to you. Don't you dare Himadri, talk to him this time!Rather go look for your elder one.",Snigdha said in a low but firm voice.

"He was looking at me in a different way today. Forgive him now. End the chapter. Move on!", in this long time since their marriage,Himadri had tried suggesting something. They had no clue,Ujaan was standing near looking at the person who could be his,if he had not messed up his whole life." What do you think, I haven't moved on? Who is your partner,in all your highs and lows? You thought,I don't love us! I may not have expressed earlier but you are the only good thing to me after my mother.",her voice near to sobbing. Taking the baby from her lap, Himadri tried sitting beside her. Then only he saw Ujaan. They exchanged smiles. As Ujaan forwarded, Himadri now was getting up from his seat, Snigdha grabbed his spare hand tightly, indicating to sit down and wiped her tears." What now?",her tired voice came. Her ears making themselves ready for another ugly taunt.

" Just came for this little one. How are you? I know you will never forgive me. So not gonna beg for it anymore. It will be harassing you more. Plus this man is way better than me.",he said taking her daughter in his hold. Himadri stood up beside him. Ujaan was getting late,he transferred the baby to Himadri and patted him a bye. He turned back and heard her saying,"I forgive you. Just don't cross our paths anymore ,make me believe as if you never existed."

As Ujaan got out of the house, he saw Romy and Nabila standing at the garden,discussing something. A grin appeared on his lips," Will you come with me? I'm heading home."

Nabila could not believe her ears. She would have been rude to him,until she heard Romy nodding a no. " Then come safely."

Inside the house,dinner was served soon. Guests one by one left, Ria returned to their bedroom. Although the room was clean, but she removed the bed sheet as the next day was Diwali."I have to go to my office tomorrow",Koustav was at the doorstep when he saw her changing the sheets. He came inside and snatched the sheet from her hands. Ria saw how badly he tucked it. But seeing his angry eyes,she could not say anything." Be more and more careless each passing day.",passing the comment he entered the washroom.

He came out and saw her sleeping on her side. With each pulls of his cigarette, his insides saddened for his own comment." I could have said it in any other way. Now she will be angry tomorrow.",his inner self kept saying.

On the other hand,Romy found the door of PG closed when she reached. She was late. The ice cream party with Nabila made her late. Now it was 11. She pressed the bell many times. After some time, the door got opened by Ujaan. She entered and mumbling a 'sorry and thank you' tried to get upstairs fast. " It would be good if you maintain the timings! ",he stated. For one moment,she stopped and turned. His tall frame was behind her,"I need to talk to you."