Part 10

Arnav stopped and turned back. Khushi nodded her head gesturing him not to go. Arnav had a little smile on his face. He held her hand with both of his hands and sat down beside her and said: khushi raat bohot ho gayi hai..ab tum aaraam karo. Main yehi hoon..i am right here...I'l sleep on the sofa. (khushi its already late..you take rest..i am here only)

Khushi: nehi arnavji aap waha nehi soyenge (no you'll not sleep there)

Arnav: fir? (then)

Khushi: aap..aap..yehi so jaiye..hum buaji ke ghar mein bhi to...(and she stops a bit embarrassed recalling how they woke up in the morning holding each others hand)

(you..you sleep here..in buaji's house also we used to...)

Arnav says naughtily: are you sure??

Khushi (a bit nervous): ha..aan..aap us taraf soyenge aur hum is taraf..aur aap chahey to apna arnav rekha bana lijiye (yes..you sleep that side and I will sleep this side...if you want you can make your boundary)

Arnav bends upto her face and says in a husky voice: khushii...mujhe nehi lagta ki ab uski koi zarurat paregi. (I don't think that is needed anymore)

Khushi's heart start beating fast and she closes her eyes.

Arnav had a smirk on his face looking at her expressions. He moved even closer...khushi could feel his hot breath on her shoulders. He slowly whispered in her ears: kh..khushi...good night and goes and lies down on the other side.

Khushi opened her eyes and saw arnav smiling looking at her. She didn't know what to do and said aloud: yehh..yeh aapne achha nehi kiya...(this..this is not right)

Arnav (innocently): kyun?? Kya kiya maine?(why? What did I do?)

Khushi: yeh jo aap abhi.... (and stops unable to explain) (just now you..)

Arnav though understood every bit of it but continued teasing her saying: kyun mujhe kuch aur karna chahiye tha ? (why should I have dne something else?)

Khushi closed her eyes unable to answer his question and muttered to herself: hey devi maiya aap hamesha hamarey sath aisa kyun kartey ho...yeh aapne achha nehi kiya.(oh god why do you always do this to me..this is not right)

Arnav was acting as if he was asleep. After blabbering for a while khushi also slept off. Arnav turned towards her side, resting his head on his elbow and kept looking at her innocent face. He recalled all those antics of hers..when he had discovered her beneath his table at his office, she had hid herself in his cupboard, put mango juice in his shoes, changed his ringtone. Only khushi could have dared to do something like that with ASR and get away. He laughed alone thinking of all these and bent towards her and kissed her on her forehead saying : Pagal! (mad)

Arnav woke up in the morning hearing some murmurs. He quickly turned towads khushi and saw she was taking his name..arnav..ji..ar..nav..ji

He said: khushi and touched her face and saw that it was burning, and then touched forehead which was also hot. She had high fever. Arnav got very worried and called the doctor. The doctor told him it was due to the medicines that she is taking. There was nothing to worry about. He just needed to take care of her.

In the meantime khushi woke up and tried to get out of her bed. Arnav rushed to her side and said: khushi..no...tum aj bilkul nehi uthogi (khushi..no you won't get up)

Khushi: par arnavji..(but arnavji)

Arnav: khushi no argument ..ok? and touches her face saying: doctor ne kaha hai tumhe bas rest karna hai...and you'll be fine. (doctor asked you to take rest)

Then he calls aman and says: aman, I won't be coming to office today. I will explain everything to akash he will take care.

Khushi: arnavji hum araam kar lenge..aap office jaiye..waise bhi ghar mein di,naniji, jiji sab hai na...fir aap kyun....(she is unable to say anything else as arnav has put his fingers on her lips)

(I will take rest...you go to work..anyways everyone's at home ..then why should you..)

Arnav: shhh...relax

The touch of his fingers on her lips makes both of them sense some unsaid feelings, they look into each other's eyes and forgets the whole world...rabba ve...

The trance breaks at a knock at the door. Arnav gets up and opens the door. Akash and Payal walks in.

Akash: bhai aman ne kaha ki aj aap office nehi aa rahe hai. (bro..aman said you are not coming to office today)

Arnav: yeah akash woh khushi ko bukhar tha to maine socha ki... (yeah akash..khushi had fever so I thought..)

Payal: bukhar...khushi ko bukhar hai..she rushes to her side , checks her forehead and gets tensed: Khushi tujhe to bohot bukhar hai. ...(fever..khushi has fever...khushi you are running high temperature )

Anjali also walks in at that time and saya: hey bhagwan kya hua khushiji ko..chhotey tumne doctor se baat ki (oh god..what happened to khushi..did you speak to the doctor?)

Arnav: relax di..maine doctor se baat karli..she'll be fine (yes I have spoken to the doctor)

Payal: khushi tu bilkul aj kamrey se bahar nehi ayegi (khushi you will not step out of the room)

Anjali: kamrey se kya aap is bistar se hi nehi uthengi (not even out of the bed)

Khushi: di, jiji...humey kuch nehi hua hai..bas thoda sa bukhar hi to hai...aur yeh laad governor (saying this looks at arnav who rolls his eyes) mera matlaab arnavji kya kam they...jo aap log bhi shuru ho gaye. Hum bilkul theek hai (nothing has happened to me..just a little fever..and as if he was not enough that even guys have started..i am fine)

Arnav (angrily): yeah hum dekh saktey hai ki tum kitni theek ho. Aur main aj saara din ghar mein hoon so you better lie down. (and makes her lie down). (yeah we can see how fine you are..and I am at home the entire day so you better lie down)

Anjali and Payal looked at each other and smiled.

Till Death Do Us Partजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें