𝟬𝟬𝟮 pretty girls don't cry

CHAPTER TWO

CHAPTER TWO.
pretty girls don't cry

     NOVA WOULD OFTEN describe her life as a hurricane

NOVA WOULD OFTEN describe her life as a hurricane. She was a whirlwind of emotions that no one would ever be able to contain or understand. When Nova was happy, she was enough to make others spring with glee. When she was sad, it was like a tsunami of tears and an overwhelming tornado that destroyed everything in its path. And when she was angry, well, Nova would often be blinded by so much hurt and rage that she wasn't able to see the impact her fury would have on the others around her. Especially those who she loved most. Nova would often find herself self-destructing on the people she loved most of all. And after she had pushed them away, she would be left with nothing but her bleeding heart in her hands and a vacancy in her hollow chest, an endless black void where her heart should be.

It was an endless cycle Nova found herself trapped on. When her brother died, she shut everyone else out of her life. She didn't talk to her parents and she ghosted her friends for a short time, and once the funeral had passed, Nova did her best to move on. However, her sadness, anger and grief combined was enough to make Nova act out in a way she never has before. She got drunk and after made one too many mistakes. This made her fall deeper into a dark pit of depression, and instead of reaching out for help, Nova just continued to push everyone away.

That was why Nova turned to drugs and alcohol. She needed to cure for the pain she felt on a daily basis. Whenever she thought about Riley, she would take shots with her friends, and if she needed something a little stronger, she would go to Rafe Cameron and he would aid her ongoing addiction. He didn't even care that the girl was killing herself, especially since he got his own fun out of it.

Then there was a more lethal approach to her issues. There were often times when the girl would get high, and when that wasn't enough, Nova would then go for a walk until she found herself by the water down at the beach. And without even thinking about it, Nova would step deeper and deeper into the crashing waves and harsh ripples until she was deep enough to sink, and once her head was under the surface, Nova would test herself to see how long she could hold her breath. She wanted to see how long she could constrict the air from her lungs, and how long her thrashing body could survive without that last desperate gasp of fresh air, before she sunk down to the dark and bottomless abyss below her. However, before it was too late, Nova would swim back up to the surface and back to shore, then go home like it never happened.