Season 2: Chapter 14

Season 2

Chapter 14

A deafening silence.

Per calculations, I really am with the royalties again for an important talk regarding of what Hilda reported a few days ago.

We are at the Main Palace again, having tea with the complete family. Pasikreto akong napabuntong-hininga.

I have been seeing them these days and it is so tiring. Mas nanaisin ko pa palang matuloy pa ang pagbabakasyon namin ni Heiden at takasan lamang siya.

“Rionsky.” The king broke the silent atmosphere. “You have delayed your marriage for a long time.” He hinted.

I knew it.

“Your Majesty.” Nahintuan naman iyon ni Rionsky. Hindi ako tumingin sa kanya at nakababa lamang ang aking tingin sa tsaa.

“Therefore, your mother and I have decided to marry you to the princess of Fairoh kingdom.”

“Your Majesty.” Tumaas at dumiin ang pagkakasagot niya. His jaw clenched when I glanced at him. His eyes are sharpening and it was like he is stopping himself from glaring at the king.

His reaction is understandable. If I was the younger me, I would have refused it a lot of times.

Pinaglaruan ko na lamang ang tasa gamit ang aking hintuturo. I remained silent.

“This is also for a better connection with them, this is an alliance. You have to do your duty as the crown prince and the next king of this kingdom.” Kalmadong sagot ng hari.

“Your Majesty, I have been doing my duties without flaws. You know that but marriage is a no for me.”

“This is not a choice for you. Obligasyon mo ito at ito ay utos ko.”

“I will, at the right time.” Rionsky’s jaw clenched again. Nagtama ang aming mga mata. His red eyes hinted something but he quickly avoided me. Ipinatong niya ang kanyang pisngi sa kanyang kamay. Napakunot lamang ako.

“And when is the right time? Dapat ay mauna ka pang ikasal kaysa kay Heiden at Arisia. You’re delaying their marriage.” Sabat ng reyna.

Such a mushroom. Susulpot lang kung saan. I hate how she just suddenly interfere like that. Walang modo.

“Why don’t they wait? It seems like they don’t even know each other yet.” Rionsky scoffed. My eyes squinted a bit in surprise and in confusion.

He is not like this. He is calm and rational yet he sounded so mad, jealous, in front of the king and queen.

“Why would you say that? Kasama mo ba sila araw-araw upang malaman mo iyan?” The queen retorted in sarcasm.

“Same to you, Mother.” Sabat ni Rionsky, sarkasmo rin. I leaned back.

This is amusing, the queen is being pushed back and it is because of Rionsky who does not answer to taunts in a frontal way.

He stood up that made me jerked a bit. Tumalim ang kanyang tingin sa reyna. “Give me time. I will definitely have my queen soon.” He announced. His eyes even slipped through me before he exited. Napatabingi ako.

I can see that he have changed a bit. Kung dati ay si Heiden ang palaging umaalis agad, ngayon naman ay siya.

A loud bang on the table. Napatingin ako sa reyna sa kanyang ginawa.

“That unmannered brat!” Ngitngit niya habang masamang nakatingin sa kung saan nakaalis si Rionsky. I mentally smirked.

Serves her right.

“Jaine.” Saway sa kanya ng hari.

“What, dear? Are you protecting him?” She scoffed. 

“Let him. It is in our tradition that the firstborn marries first. Siya na mismo ang nagsabi na may ikakasal rin siya.”

“Ni hindi nga siya pumupuso sa iba.” She retorted in whisper but we still heard it.

“Just trust him, Jaine. Rionsky never fails me when it comes to keeping his words.” The king nodded, putting his trust to his firstborn.

Now it made sense why Rionsky is not the crown prince just because he is the firstborn, it is because of his qualities. And I, too, agree.

“At anong tingin mo kay Heiden? Hindi pinaninindigan ang mga salita?” Her brow rose.

“I do not know how you came to that conclusion.” The king shook his head in disappointment. Napaawang din ako.

The queen never fails to disappointment me. I thought she is rational but she is just narrow-minded.

“Mother, Father, these will go bad if we do not eat, do you not agree?” Ani ko. They looked down to the snacks being left because of their worthless dispute.

“I am sorry for that horrible display, Arisia. I will discipline Rionsky, don’t worry.” She smiled a fake one.

“Fights are normal, Mother. No need to be ashamed.” I did the same. “So it seems that there is a candidate for the crown princess.”

“Yes, it is. She is the only princess of Fairoh kingdom, Lajela Kiva Fairoh.” Aniya. Napatango ako sa kanyang sagot.

Her name is beautiful and fierce so she must be too, is it not? I do not recall a character like her in the novel. She must be an extra.

“She must be a fitting princess for the crown prince, then, considering that you were the ones that picked her.” A smirk escaped from my lips.

“Yes, not only this is for an alliance but she really is a royalty befitting for my son.” The king nodded and wiped his mouth with a handkerchief.

“I see, I am looking forward to it, Mother, Father.” A small chuckle.

“The celebration will be next week, Arisia. Of course, you should be there as a support for them.” I nodded and smiled. “Heiden, you too. No skipping.” He warned his lastborn. Heiden just scoffed a bit. I glanced at him.

I forgot that he was here because of how silent he is. Nakakapanibago na wala siyang ginagawa.

“Of course, Father. This is a grand celebration of engagement for my soon-to-be brother-in-law.” I sweetly smiled.

I excused myself as the atmosphere was getting suffocating. Nakahinga ako ng maluwag nang nakalabas na ako sa palasyo.

“Toxic.” I muttered. My shadow was covered from the sun. Pagtingin ko sa aking tabi ay naroon si Hilda. She is holding a parasol, covering me.

Pagod akong nakarating sa palasyo ni Heiden kaya dumiretso na ako sa aking kwarto.

“Get me a dress for the engagement party, Hilda.” I closed my eyes, resting.

“Yes, my lady. I will make sure that you will be the star of the party.”

“Stop stating the obvious, Hilda. Maririndi ako.”

“Yes, yes, my lady.” A scoff from her. Tumaas ang aking kilay at ibinuka ang isang mata upang tingnan siya. She is looking at me like I am unbelievable and her lips formed a grim line.

“Stop that look. Hindi ka ba naniniwala?”

“What are you talking about, my lady? You are the goddess of this empire.” I snorted. “This world, I mean.” She cleared her throat. Napailing na lang ako.

“Just go take care of my needs.” I signaled her to go out.

I was quietly heading to queen’s chambers.

Not only I was lazy to go here but also stressed because I will be spending my time with the queen again. She was requesting of my presence these days and it honestly annoys me.

I shook my head. Napaawang ako nang may biglang humila sa aking pulso papunta sa isang likuan. I was about to shout when he gently shushed my lips with his index finger. Napatigil ako. Kaunti akong nabigla ngunit hindi ko ipinahalata. He let go of me and said sorry for the sudden action.

“Y-You---what are you doing? We are at the Main Palace.” Mahina kong pinalo ang kanyang braso. He did not answer so I pursed my lips and licked them. My eyes wandered to stay alert of people.

Mabuti na lang at wala akong kasama na tagasilbi ng palasyo habang papunta ako rito.

I glanced at him again. “Answer me, what---”

“A-Arisia...” He uttered with a soft voice that made me stop. I bit the inside of my cheeks and genty bit my lower lip to stop myself from smiling and feeling this churning sensation. Suminghal ako bilang pagtago sa aking buntong-hininga.

“Nilalambing mo ba ako?” I folded my arms. He tilted his head, innocently looking at me. I licked my lips.

I cannot with this man. He is just adorable.

Tumikhim ako. Ibinuka ko ang aking bibig upang magpaalam na dahil baka may makakita pa sa amin nang inunahan niya ako.

“I... miss you.” His lips pouted a bit, averting his gaze while covering his flushed face.

This man, he does not have to cover his face when his ears and neck are also reddening. 

Kumabog ng malakas ang aking dibdib. I mentally smiled at the sight of him.

“Stop being cute.” He gave me a questioning look, still not over being a blushing maiden. “You okay now?” I snorted. Tumango siya. He became serious and faced right. He immediately stretched his cape, covering me and my sight.

“Y-Your High---” I heard a lady’s voice, probably from a maid. I silently shook my head and sighed.

I did not even noticed that because I was distracted. This cannot do.

“Scram.” Matigas na sabi ni Rionsky. I heard the maid’s frightened voice. Wala na ito nang ibinaba ng aking nasa harapan ang nakaharang sa akin. His expression changed when he turned to me again. “Stay away from him.” Tumaas ang aking kilay kasabay ang pagtaas ng sulok ng aking labi.

“Heiden?” Panunuya ko.

“Don’t utter his name.” I heard him clicking his tongue. He scoffed. “I-I’m goin---” Aalis na sana siya ngunit hinawakan ko ang kanyang kamay.

“You have not come in my room these days.”

“I can’t go within his scope. The security went tight.” His jaw clenched.

“Is that so? Ako ba ang pupunta sa iyo?” I kid.

“W-What?” Namimilog ang mga mata niya sa akin at muling pumula ang kanyang mukha. My eyes squinted.

Cute.

“If you do not like it, I will go to Heiden.” Binitawan ko siya at tumalikod na upang aalis na.

“Don’t.” I heard him. He went so serious that it made me smile a bit.

“What?”

“I’ll go to you. Just stay away from him.” He hinted jealousy and possessiveness. Dahan-dahan akong napatango at humarap sa kanya nang may ngisi. I snorted and crossed my arms.

“Kneel.” Turo ko sa baba. Kaunti siyang napatigil ngunit sinunod rin ang aking sinabi. He knelt with a knee. “Did you know? Heiden says he likes me and is making a move on me. What do you think I felt? Can you guess?” Bumaba ako ng kaunti upang pantayan ang kanyang pulang mga mata. My hand caressed him, from his face to his neck. Inilapit ko ang kanyang mukha sa akin. Tumabingi ako. “It is a secret.” I sweetly smiled as my eyes squinted. Napaawang siya at napaiwas ng tingin. I can see his jealousy in his eyes. Ipinatong niya ang kanyang mukha sa aking kamay. I was a bit startled.

W-When did he? When did he learn this move?

I felt my face so hot because of what he did. “How about you? Will you bite your master’s hand? Rionsky?” Mahinang tanong ko.

Unexpected situations have been happening these days and it made me think of something. The thing that I will surely hate the most, Rionsky betraying me. I am a hundred percent sure that it will not happen but I still want to make sure.

Humigpit ang aking hawak sa kanyang leeg. He gently grabbed my wrist and his lips touched my skin. A tingling sensation that electrocute me a bit. I secretly gasped and gulped.

“I always treat you as my queen. Choose me and no other, I will even throw away my everything for you.” Malambing niyang ani ngunit may kaunting hiya pa rin. It made me unconsciously smile that I wiped it off away from my lips.

His answer is unlike him but his action is so like him. I feel like my day today will be good.

Tumayo na ako at naglakad palayo sa kanya. Confusing emotions are overwhelming me while I am leaving.

Keep your word, my adorable Rionsky...