Chapter 17: Battle Part 1

Katya had all the weapons from the previous mission still on her, so she just followed Natasha to her locker. She stole some extra magazines from her since she had wasted one on the brainwashed SHIELD agents trying to make their way onto the bridge.

Both women carried the same guns, not the standard SHIELD assigned ones, but a special gun like the one they had always used and learned to shoot with. They were trained to use almost any kind of gun, but this was the one they were both more comfortable with, so Fury ordered it especially for them. 

Well, he ordered it for Natasha and Katya stole them from her. Even the label on the gun said 'Romanoff'. Natasha never stole them back though, so Katya considered them her property now.

''Get your own magazines,'' she said when she saw Katya steal some from her locker. She had wondered why Katya came with her in the first place, but it got painfully clear now.

Katya smirked at her. ''Sorry, mine are on the other side of the ship.'' That was not true, they were at the end of this hallway but it was still too far away. Besides, she wanted some private time with her girlfriend. Her presence alone was enough.

Natasha rolled her eyes at her laziness. ''You're refilling them.''

''What do I get in return?'' Katya made a suggestive motion with her eyebrows, hoping she would fall for it. But her tricks didn't work this time.

Natasha scoffed, a smile playing in her eyes. ''Nothing. You already have my bullets.'' She slammed her locker shut, the small sticker with her name on it starting to peel at the edges. Unlike the other lockers, hers had a lock, because Natasha hated when people touched her stuff. Not that any Agent dared to do that.

Katya's face fell. ''Good point.''

She braided her hair again, too many strands had fallen out of it before and it looked like a mess. Her experienced fingers could do the movements on her own while she watched Natasha powering up her gloves with electricity. The taser gloves were really cool and helped a lot with hand-to-hand combat, something she knew Natasha preferred over shooting.

''You ready?'' Natasha asked, her hands on her hips as she watched Katya work her hair.

She tied her braid off with an elastic and threw her hair back over her shoulder. ''I am.''

''Let's go.''

This was anything but an authorized mission. They were heading out on their own without anyone knowing, but nobody dared to stop them. Natasha and Katya were two terrifying people on their own. Add another assassin to that and a super soldier who looked like he could bench four hundred pounds or more and SHIELD agents everywhere got out of their way when the quartet walked to a Quinjet.

''Hey, you guys are not authorized to be here-'' A SHIELD Agent was cleaning the jet and moving things around, probably getting it ready for the next flight. How he conjured up the nerves to say that to four soldiers on a mission, Katya didn't know. She was prepared to knock him out stone cold anyway if he didn't step aside.

But that proved to be unnecessary when Steve spoke up immediately. ''Son, just don't.'' The guy didn't know how fast he had to get out, with the super soldier standing there with his broad shoulders and three assassins glaring at him. 

Clint took the pilot seat while Natasha jumped in the chair next to him. Katya strapped into a chair along the right wall of the plane, Steve sitting in front of her. It wasn't long before her hands had found a knife again, the movement calming her down.

She could see Stark shooting out in front of the jet in the suit he brought. Apparently, he was on this mission too. He was faster. A lot faster. SHIELD needed to get Stark to work for them. The technological advancements would get much better.