t h i r t y - e i g h t

if you are reading this story on any other platform apart from Wattpad (https://www.wattpad.com/home) you are very likely to be at the risk of a malware attack. if you wish to read this story in it's original, safe form please go to (https://www.wattpad.com/user/a_soft_bun). thank you!

t h i r t y - e i g h t

The first thing Adah notices was how nervous Alpha Tyler was, his hand rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly, form rigid, immediately becoming closed off. She murmurs in Micajah's ears, that she would be with Tyler for a while, and the King gives the male a narrowed look, before agreeing, trusting Adah's train of thought He presses a kiss to her temple and lets her leave.

"I haven't seen much of the training grounds. Would it be okay with you if we walked there Alpha?" Adah says, hands clasped behind her back. 

Her posture is relaxed, and so if her wolf. The Alpha can feel it, and he relaxes too unconsciously. Adah was the Queen, and her wolf was loving to all, was a comforting presence, and Alpha Tyler knew that, his guard lowering the more time he spent with her.

Alpha Tyler could truly see Adah, when they were alone. Before, Adah was just the King's female, and the King took all of his attention. Bur Adah was a lot more different than he initially thought, that he was taught. He felt uneasy, because his perception that he was shown was now being challenged, but at the same time he felt so safe. He didn't know what to feel.

"Are you okay there, Alpha? You seem on edge," Adah asks, with a raised brow.

"Yeah, I am my Queen. And it's Tyler," he mumbles, and Adah gives him a smile, telling him to greet her by her name.

They walk across the training grounds for a little while. The sun shone a little higher, a little harder, giving hope to all, mirroring the hope rising in Tyler that he didn't necessarily know would be a thing. Adah asks a lot of questions about the pack, giving it a few compliments and showing vivid interest. The wolf in Tyler stands up, drawn to the idea of having such a powerful female taking pride in his lands. His confidence grows, and his chest puffs up, the conversation flowing much easier.

They pass through the training grounds, which were expectedly empty. This was sacred time for many, time to spend with their family and out of war. They both sit on the grass, underneath a large willow tree. Adah's eyes are narrowed in thought, and she can tell Tyler's mind thinks things similarly.

"It's a shame, isn't it? Separating families. Breaking down hope. War is a corrosive thing." Adah shakes her head, tugging her dress down her thighs, smoothing out the material. The red headed male stiffens slightly, knowing the direction they were going to go in.

"Yeah. It is," Tyler looks at this female, this wolf in sadness for not only her own, but for the entire kingdom. Instinctively his urge is to make the Queen happy, and shame washes over him, realising he was one of the main reasons why that wasn't the case.

"I'm going to cut to the chase Tyler." she sighs, dark eyes looking at him soft, tone quiet and calm.

"This pack isn't really yours, is it?" he doesn't say anything, heart pounding, palms clammy.

"I don't mean any disrespect to you , but I don't think you have any respect for your father at this point either. We all saw it Tyler. He's overstepping his boundaries. He doesn't know his place. He was once an Alpha, but now that isn't the case. You are. He's retired to the Elder Council, so tell me Tyler, why does he have such an imposing presence in this pack? Why does he make the rules? Why is he such a dominant figure when you are the Alpha?" Adah asks, brows narrowed softly.

Tyler shudders, another unconscious flinch. He swallows, voice thick.

"I don't know," he mumbles, not looking at her.

"Your wolf is hiding. He's scared Tyler. I can sense it. Ever since I took on this position, my intuition has grown so much. I can see the way you tense up when he's around. I can see the way you let him walk all over you to avoid anything. I know what wolves who have been hurt look like Tyler," her voice is soothing, and Tyler doesn't admit anything.

"He's using you as a pawn for his greed, and your pack is now pulled into this mess too. You don't have control anymore. Don't you wish it would be different?" his eyes look up at her, and he mutely nods. That gives Adah the greenlight. She was on the right lines, that nod confirmed it.

"He's always has had control over me Adah. It's always been like that," it's a whisper, almost as if he's ashamed to admit it.

"But it doesn't have to be. I've done my research Tyler, you don't have many other allies of your own, friends of your own. Your father didn't let that happen, kept you isolated alone, kept you weak. We can change that," Adah tells him, and he looks at her hesitantly.

"Don't you want to be able to lead your pack? On your own? With your wolf?" Tyler's wolf pushes forward in agreement. He stammers, unsure of what to say.

"Don't you want these wolves, in your pack, to be happy? A life without war? Don't you want Lena to have that?" she pushes, and he nods again., running a hand through his hair.

"I can't do that Adah. He'll- I can't-It's scary-," he sighs, not knowing how to say what he wants.

"You can do that. You didn't have anyone before. You have me now. It will be scary, but I'll be there with you. You can take this pack back, have this in your own hands. You know what your father is planning to do," Adah murmurs.

"I've always known. He's been telling me about it since I was a kid. How it would be better for everyone. He's always told me about the future King, and how monstrous he would be," Tyler opens up.

"Yes. You've been taught this your entire life, and that is what you've grown up believing. I don't blame you for that. But tell me right now, over all of these years, over the course of the last four months, do you honestly still believe it? After everything? After the prophecy was revealed – all of it?" Tyler thinks.

He had his doubts for a while, but he couldn't back down, the wolf in him too afraid.

"You don't have to follow him anymore. You don't have to let him hurt you anymore," Adah utters, tone soft.

"I know that you want a peaceful life. So do we. But the longer this war continues, the more you let him walk over you, the chances of that become smaller and smaller. I know you want your wolves to be safe – you've lost so many. I know you want to be free from your father. I truly believe that you can change that. You can live and rule happy. Your pack will be happy. You will be. Lena can live happily with Uriah. Isn't that the aim for every wolf? To live a blessed life?" Adah asks, and she gets up, smoothing the material of the dress.

"You can make that happen Tyler. And you don't have to do it alone. Think about it. Please, not for the sake of the kingdom, but for your own too," she murmurs, turning on her heel and leaving the Alpha to think in a daze.  

A/N - everyone still following the plot okay?