Chapter 87

After everyone went forward to have a chat with the Dursleys and threaten them to treat Harry better, we waved him goodbye and watched them leave the station.

"Er... Sirius?" Ron started awkwardly when he caught a few fellow students point at him and whisper to their parents. "Are you sure you're safe here, walking around in human form?"

"Of course," Sirius chuckled. "My name was cleared this morning. I guess you'll be seeing the news in the Prophet in a day or two."

"Well, that calls for celebration!" said Mr. Weasley enthusiastically, clapping his hands together in glee as he looked around. "What do you say, people? Butterbeer, our house?"

"Not me," growled Moody. "There's work to do."

"I'm sorry, Arthur, but me too," Tonks gave a sad smile. "They'll be needing all of the Aurors at the Ministry now that they've realized their mistakes. They'll need all hands on deck."

"No matter," Fred shook a hand and grinned, "there are enough Weasleys to make it a party. There's lots of us."

"How about you, Remus?" Mr. Weasley turned to Lupin and asked hopefully. "Surely you can spare time for a drink?"

"Of course," Lupin smiled.

"You sure you wouldn't like to come, Tonks, dear?" Mrs. Weasley smiled at her knowingly and I noticed Tonks look down uneasily.

"A-alright," she shrugged and I had to fight hard to suppress my grin as I looked between her and Lupin.

"Splendid!" Mr. Weasley cried out cheerfully. "Let's get going then, shall we?"

     "Well, I was actually wondering..." Sirius started, "maybe we could go somewhere more... public? How about the Leaky Cauldron?"

    "Oh, Sirius, I don't think that's a good idea," said Mrs. Weasley anxiously. "Many people haven't heard your news yet. And going somewhere with only Wizards and Witches that had known to fear you for fifteen years —"

     "But my name's been cleared!" Sirius protested. "Besides, Dumbledore agreed that I could come to King's Cross —"

     "That's because no one's foolish enough to hex you in front of all these Muggles," Mrs. Weasley reasoned.

     "I think Molly's right, Sirius," said Mr. Weasley. "Yes, your name's been cleared, but only a few have heard of it. The rest will only learn about it once the Prophet comes out. You'll just have to wait a few more days."

     "Alright, then," Sirius sighed, slightly frowning. "I mean, you have a point. Besides, anywhere's better that my mother's house."

He sighed happily and we chuckled.

     "Let's get going then," said Mr. Weasley brightly, starting on along with the others.

     Meanwhile, Fred and George walked in the lead, looking highly stern and serious as they kept saying loudly,

     "Make way for the infamous Sirius Black!"

     "Mass murderer coming through!"

     We all laughed, even Sirius. But it was only Mrs. Weasley who looked irritated. "Keep quiet and walk on!" she snapped at them sharply.

***

We all went back to the Burrow, and what was supposed to be only a few drinks, led to dinner as Mrs. Weasley insisted that everyone must stay longer. And so, we all enjoyed the night as we sat around the table in their kitchen.