10. His anger

Amber's P.O.V.:

"Wow, this place is buzzing!" Adelaide exclaimed upon our club entrance.

"Absolutely!" I agreed, scanning the club's vibrant atmosphere.

As we made our way to the bar, we found Lucas with his new date.

"Hey, ladies. You both look absolutely stunning tonight. I'm sure the guys here are going to have a hard time keeping their composure," Lucas teased, winking at us when we reached the bar.

"Tell me about it, Lucas. That's my mission for tonight. I've been single for as long as I can remember. I need to find myself a man," Adelaide declared, scanning the male patrons in the club.

I merely rolled my eyes at their conversation and ordered a margarita.

Lucas and his date, Paul, headed to the dance floor to dance excitedly.

"Amber, please don't tell me you're just going to stand here sipping your margarita. Come on, let loose. Join me on the dance floor," Adelaide urged, swiping the glass from my hand and placing it on the bar counter. She then pulled me towards the dance floor.

We began dancing to the pulsating beats, the DJ keeping the club alive with a barrage of hit party songs. We had a blast and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

Lucas and Adelaide, in particular, were dancing with wild enthusiasm. Paul had also joined them. I couldn't quite match their dance moves, though, as my feet were already aching from the high heels I was wearing. So, I excused myself and returned to the bar. I sat on a high stool, sipping my margarita, and watched their comical dance antics.

I couldn't help but burst into laughter as their moves became increasingly absurd and amusing.

"Can I buy a drink for a beautiful lady like you?" a man inquired.

"Well, of course, you can buy a drink for a beautiful lady like me. Find another beautiful lady like me in this club and buy her a drink," I quipped sarcastically, taking another sip of my drink.

I have stopped being polite in the clubs after that incident three and a half years back. It still makes me cringe thinking about that pervert who asked me for a dance and tried to take advantage of me.

"I appreciate your humor. Allow me to rephrase my question and get straight to the point: may I buy you a drink?" he asked.

"Let me reciprocate and be direct as well. You might be a gentleman, but no thank you. I've got money in my purse, and I can manage my own drink. If you'd like, I can buy you a drink too, but we'll need to maintain some distance, and you can enjoy your drink from afar," I said candidly. I couldn't afford to take risks anymore. Chris wasn't going to come to my rescue every time, and unfortunately, I wasn't trained in self-defense. It was better to exercise caution with strangers in places like these.

"I enjoy a little game of hard-to-get," he remarked, a smirk playing on his lips. My response had clearly bruised his ego.

That was expected!

"And I love the sound you make when you shut up," I retorted as I placed my empty glass on the bar and stood up. I turned to leave. This guy gave me a creepy vibe.

"Leaving so soon after bruising my male ego?" he taunted, gripping my arm tightly and pulling me closer. He stood at about 5'9" with sharp features, quite handsome and charming. But I couldn't fathom why he couldn't find another girl to buy a drink for instead of me.

"Release my arm before I do something you'll regret," I warned, glaring into his eyes challengingly.

"Is that so? Show me what you've got, gorgeous!" he sneered.