ni

When the sky had stopped crying and the darkness of the night had faded away, instead a blue light mirroring the early morning sky was seeping through the spaces of the curtain near the window of Jimin's bed, he slowly started to open his eyes

He was ready to see the little blue alarm clock and the photo frame with a baby picture of him grinning brightly holding both of his parents hands on his bedside table, however, he was met with nothing there.

Then he plopped his body upward. Prepared to see the glowing stickers of the little stars, the sun and the moon, his own little galaxy on the white ceiling but nothing save for an empty ceiling itself. Strange.

The blurry lines shooting inside Jimin's brain quickly morphed into one. Only then he realized, he wasn't at home.

He was, in fact, far from home.

Jimin had decided to close his eyes again but a movement in the corner made him immediately sit up. It was a person with dark hair and in a black long coat hurriedly stuffing something inside a college bag but doing it ever so quietly at the same time.

It must be the sound engineering major, his roommate. But no matter what Jimin could not recall seeing him come inside the room last night. So Jimin must've really slept like a log to not notice.

He brushed his clammy hands on his striped pajamas and hesitantly got up. His heartbeat accelerating just in the thought of greeting the dark figure that hadn't even noticed him. And Jimin cussed at himself inside for being so shaken up on the thought of doing the mere thing.

Grow up Jimin. You'll meet a lot of new people everyday from now on.

"Um..." Jimin pondered on his words while he approached the figure who was done packing his bag. If not introducing himself now and making things less awkward, then when.

The figure had seemed to notice him. And Jimin noticed how the senior had such pale skin that it almost glowed in the dark room, and how he had feline eyes, a small nose and a sharp chin.

But the most important thing was, he was not as tall as the other boys Jimin had seen here. Perhaps he was even the same height as Jimin. And that small detail somehow made him feel at ease.

It was all for a very brief second, perhaps a milli, or a nanoscond even, before the senior had opened the door and rashly left the room with his bag.

Jimin stood there in awe as he had lost the chance to introduce himself for the second time since he had gotten here yesterday.

And it was only five thirty in the morning.

Jimin's schedule- his early class was at ten. But he had taken it slow, rather going back to sleep he decided to slowly arrange himself for his first time experiencing the Yonsei university.

Albeit when he was making instant coffee for himself and had opened a pack of crackers for breakfast (since he did not have anything else now anyway) the event that happened in the morning would not leave his mind.

And every time he tried to picture himself actually gathering the courage to say, "Hello! I'm Park Jimin. Nice to meet you senior," or something along the line like that instead of gawking at the senior like a fool.

A lot of things would have been different in his life (including what happened in the morning) if Jimin knew how to take proper actions in the proper times.

But Jimin had decided not to dwell in his past actions like he had all his life. And he tried to remember that and shrug it off, focus on the list he was making instead, the list of the basic commodities he would need here.

A lot of his stuff would arrive from Busan tomorrow and he needed to wait for that too. He also needed to spend the least he could here.

Though he was more than grateful for the spending money his mom's husband would send him here every month, the thought of it happening made him feel small.

Nonetheless he had to stay small. He needed to focus on studying like his promise to his sobered up mom. Two years was a lot of time, those two years he wasted was gone from his life and now he needed to make his rest of the life better.

"Good morning!" A cheery sound had snapped Jimin from his thoughts to find Kim Seokjin with a mug of coffee in his hand smiling at him.

"Morning," even though Jimin wanted to sound just as enthusiastic, his voice did not say so.

The taller lad was observing what Jimin was doing, the list on his hand, the empty packets of instant coffee and crackers on the table beside him. Jin's eyes narrowed on that, a distasteful look spreading on his face.

"Please clean up as soon as you are done eating." Jin pointed at the kitchen table with his expressing eyes. "The surface of the table is white. Left over food and even the smallest things can taint it."

"Oh!" Jimin bit on his lip and quickly scurried towards the bin to throw them away. Before he could utter a word of apology he noticed the latter was standing dangerously close to him, observing what the shorter one was doing.

"You need to take the trash out every Monday. There are seven of us assigned to every day of the week. If you don't do it the day you are supposed to, or forget to do so you'll have to take it out the next day."

Jimin could not understand what was the point of cleaning out the trash every damn day but he nodded anyway.

"I realized I haven't told you all the rules here yet," Jin smiled gleefully again as he put down his mug on the table. Jimin's heart sank a little, even though he had been taking it slow he now realized time was short and he needed to actually get ready for his class.

But for God's sake Jimin did not know how to stop Jin, as the eldest was already haughty in his manners enough and Jimin wondered if he was the scariest in this dorm.

"No girls allowed, no smoking or weed allowed unless you can do it so in a way it wouldn't convenience others or no one would notice. Porn allowed, but only in your own private room. Alcohol allowed, but getting drunk is not. Now these are the rules of the landlord that lives above us."

Jimin looked above at the ceiling where Jin had pointed with his index finger. Jimin did not know someone really lived above them, not even the landlord.

"And now comes my rules. I made them when I came here so it's easy for the other mates to follow-"

"God! Yapping aloud first thing in the morning," A loud voice made Jimin look at the direction to where it came from to see a tall, lanky boy with curly brown hair wearing a faded ripped jeans and a white shirt, several bracelets on his hand and the purest smile on his face.

"Morning, Hoseok," Seokjin sighed next to him and the said boy, Hoseok's smile grew even bigger than before.

"Hello sunshines!" he uttered loudly and after that he quickly came and held Jimin's hands with his both. His grin brighter than Jimin's future, or so Jimin thought.

"I'm Jung Hoseok. You are Jimin, right! Welcome, Jimin!" vigorously Hoseok shook his hands. "First day at school for you! So excited! When are your classes? Do you want to go with hyung? I'm older than you right?"

Despite another loud sigh coming from Jin, Jimin could not but help feel like he was seeing the Jesus himself before him.

The curly haired boy was the sunshine himself, reeking pure energy and light that almost blinded Jimin.

Perhaps for that very reason it made Jimin's eyes glisten, or perhaps, it was because someone was actually being nice to him since he had first stepped inside Seoul.

---
A/n: I did not plan to update so fast but since I've thought about this story so much over the years I'm dying to let it out now that I've actually posted it.

Side note, I'm the one who takes out the trash on mondays in my dorm.

Question, have you guys ever lived by yourself away from home?