15

"This will be much less painful if you would stop fighting me"

My chest heaves with my ragged breaths. My eyes take in the trembling man before me and it only tightens my resolve. I clench my jaw, smiling softly at the terrified man before looking towards the glass that separates me from the board of Hydra officials. I raise my hand and wipe a bit of blood from it, staring calmly at my reflection all the while knowing who stands and stares from the other side.

"You irk me, Dawn. You continue to force my hand" Clayton sighs over the speakers. A door to the room opens and two guards waltz in, striking straight up to me. They grip me from either arm, pulling me tightly. I grunt, pulling slightly only to be gripped harder.

"Now, use your venom to kill this man or I'll be forced to do something you will not enjoy" Clayton announces. A bit of panic grips my heart, but I keep my face expressionless. My eyes meet the desperate ones of the man I'm supposed to kill, and when I look at him I see Dean.

So I spit one word.

"No"

Clayton doesn't even have to instruct the men who hold me, for they already know. They drag me from the room, pulling me into the lab that I've practically lived in. The two force me to my knees, one of them ripping off my shirt. I whimper at the exposure, my eyes locked on the ground.

"Such a beautiful body, shame we have to keep on messing it up" one announces. A shiver courses through me and I don't even have time to gather myself before a knife slashed across my abdomen.

"I quite enjoy watching you bleed" the other spits, kicking me to the ground. I cry out in pain when he stoops down and rubs a burning liquid into the cut.

"Please" I grit out, white dots swirling in my vision from the pain.

"Please what? Please nothing!"

Another blade slices my stomach, leaving me to writhe in pain.

"No, stop!" I grunt, struggling to move away.

"Please, stop!"

"Dawn"

I gasp, snapping awake. I sit upright in the car chair, my heart pounding in my chest. I feel a hand on my shoulder and immediately tense up, my mind still reverting to the dream.

"Hey, it's okay. You're fine, you're safe now" a voice reassures. I look over, my heart still labored from the nightmare, to see Bucky examining me with a softened gaze. The hand that rests on my shoulder helps bring me back to reality.

"Sorry" I mumble, looking down to my lap. I mentally scold myself for letting the pain shine through. I'm not usually one to break my upbeat demeanor.

"Don't worry about it," he responds, luring me to bring my gaze back up to him, "I get them too"

His blue eyes hold my green ones, communicating a silent reassurance that no one's been able to provide me before. I nod, quickly looking forward.

"No one new's come in, its the same thirteen signatures" I observe, stepping out of the vehicle I've been in for lost of the afternoon. Bucky follows, walking to the edge of the street with me.

"Good, I'll swing around to the back while you get to the window." He informs. I nod, letting my suit wrap around the lower half of my face as we step across the road and nearer to the warehouse.

"See you in there, Old Timer" I announce as we reach the side of the building. He pauses, looking back at me incredulously. I have to work to keep from laughing.