Chapter 26: My friend

┎┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┒
My friend
┖┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┚

"Y/n," Jin whispers before gripping onto your shoulders as he bends down to overcome the height difference, while you're on your knees.

You don't answer to the man trying to comfort you. Hot tears burst until they begin to run down your burning cheeks. Your jaw trembles like a small child as you stare at the ground, as if the ground could possibly sooth your pain.

As much as you're trying to hold it in, the pain came out like an uproar from your throat in the form of a silent scream. Tears still spilling, you touch the wall to scream but it shakes. You're shaking. The muffled sobs wracks against your chest. You can't stop... you can't stop. Why can you not stop crying?

Leaving little sounds every two seconds, you continue to sob, now finally feeling Jin rubbing your arm. You didn't even realise you've been pouring all your emotions out in front of this man... but did you care? All you could think of is Taehyung, just all your puzzled feelings got too mixed up and piled up that you just had to take it out, so you broke down. You couldn't care less about who saw you. You just broke down.

"Hey, it's okay," Jin murmurs while helping you up. Hands not letting go off your weak shoulders, he walks you back to your living room to sit and calm you down.

The man needs to go. But he can't. Not when you're like this.

Seeing you all vulnerable, makes Jin feel terrible and guilty. Jin already assumes that you probably know all about Taehyung by now, and as Taehyung's great and only friend, it's his duty to make sure Taehyung's loved one is taken care of.

"Look Y/n," Jin tries to speak but you cut him off when you finally decide to speak even if it's in between your sobs.

"Is this the reason you were talking about?" you pull your nose.

"Uh yes," Jin hesitates a little. "It is. He just wanted to protect you Y/n."

You chuckle mockingly with tears still not stopping. "If he really wanted to protect me then why's he not here? And protect me from what?"

"Y/n."

"Yes that's my name! Thank you so much for reminding me though!" You cry as you speak sarcastically.

"Although Taehyungie always shared the littlest things with me, he never really told me much in detail about what he knows about you," Jin clarifies.

"He respects you enough to not tell others about your personal issues. I don't know why he says he wants to protect you, when you've been fine on your own all these years but I'm sure he'll tell you himself, what he means by that."

"And when's that? Does it look like he'll come back after what his dad-" you stop until you lower your voice, "Will he ever come back to me even? I didn't even get the chance to-"

"He'll come back." Jin interrupts you. "And I'll make sure he does... and I'm sorry for what boss said to you."

You don't reply. Silence fills in the room before you nearly want to rip your hair apart and break the whole house when you hear a knock on your door for the nth time today. You swear to God if this is one of the guards coming back because they forgot their black blazer or something in your house... you have a table knife ready in the kitchen.

You close your eyes tightly as if threatening to Jin to get the door for you or the person at the door will get murdered. Taking the hint, Jin pats your shoulder and goes to open the door for you.

The man disappears out of your sight and in a second, you hear a very familiar voice from outside until it rushes inside your house and into your living room to surprise you... it's Yoongi.