A Night at the Theater

You and Loki shared a love for the theater. You both would often go to shows opening night and watch from reserved box seats. After the show you would visit the performers and praise them for their work. They often would be so nervous in your presents. It's not everyday that the Prince and Princess of Asgard would give them flowers and congratulate them on a job well done. You would always giggle when the actors would scramble to bow before you and Loki. You were informed by your advisor that a rendition of your favorite play is opening this week. "Oh my really?" "Yes my princess shall I make the arrangements and tell the prince?" "Yes please make the arrangements but I'll tell Loki. He will be so excited." Your advisor takes her leave and you search for Loki. You find him in his study in a virtual meeting with his advisors back on Asgard. He was handling princely duties and you dare not disturb him. You quietly take a seat near the door and wait for him to finish. You both may have been living on Midgard but that didn't stop you both from taking care of Asgardian affairs. Once finished he made the illusions of the advisors disappear and turned to you. "Hello my love thank you for waiting. Is there a reason for your visit?" He asks as you walk towards him. You stand between his legs and his hands rest on your hips. "Yes darling there is a reason for my visit. I received word that our favorite play is opening this week." "Sweeney Todd?" He asks excitedly as he pulls you into his lap. "Yes my prince. Arrangements have already been made." "Great! I can't wait. It will be a nice date for us. We haven't been able to go out in so long. Will you be getting a new dress for the occasion?" "Probably. Do you have any requests?" "No I'll love whatever you are in." "As you wish. I have duties to attend to. I'll see you at dinner dearest." "Until then my princess." You kiss his lips before taking your leave.

The night of the premier arrives and you are getting ready in your bedroom. Loki was in the living room waiting for you. You walk out to the landing of the stairs and Loki takes in the sight. "So gorgeous as always little one." He hums as you gracefully descend the stairs. "So you like it?" You ask turning around for him to see all of your dress. "Yes my love it's beautiful." Your dress was long and form fitting. The chiffon fabric started as a crimson red at the top then faded to black gradually till the hem. There was a shimmery cape attached at your shoulders made of the same sheer chiffon as the dress. Loki was in his black suit and you helped him put the handkerchief in the breast pocket. He hands you your clutch and helps you into the car. Once at the theater Loki helps you out of the car and you are instantly blinded by camera flashes. "Princess look over there!" "Your highnesses over here!" The photographers shout. You stop and take a few pictures then go inside. "Why do you indulge them?" Loki asks as you are guided to your seats. "I would feel like I'm being rude. They just want some pictures." "Pictures for them to sell off to gossip magazines where they write ridiculous stories about us." "I honestly find those stories entertaining. Midgardians are so creative." You giggle as you sit down. You look down at the crowd that is filling up the seats below you. You jump when Loki opens the champagne bottle. You narrow your eyes at him and he chuckles. "Sorry. Here's your glass." He says handing it over to you. "Thank you. Oh look it's starting." You gasp as the lights dim and music starts.

You both watch the play intensely. You silently sing to the songs. You giggle at the audience when the gory scenes are preformed on the stage. They squirm and cringe but you and Loki just grin. You both being battle hardened warriors the throat slitting and pie making scenes don't bother you. Your soft giggles and grin makes it hard for Loki to focus on the play. He tends to watch you more, your reactions and expressions. He sighs with content and takes your hand in his. He gently presses his lips to the back and your palm causing you to shift your gaze from the stage to him. You sit back in your seat and rest your head against his shoulder. He rests his head against yours as you continue to enjoy the performance. The character Toby starts to sing the song Not While I'm Around which makes you perk up. It was one of your favorites out of the whole play. Loki sings along softly in your ear. His voice turns you into a blushing mess and his gentle kisses don't help. You cuddle closer to him as you swing your legs over his knees.

The performers bow and you stand up and give them a well deserved ovation. Loki stands with you and the actors notice. They gasp and talk amongst themselves pointing up at you two. Loki tells an usher that you would like to see the cast and he leads you both to the dressing rooms. The actors are celebrating in a back room when you and Loki enter. "The Prince and Princess of Asgard would like to have a word with you." The company manager says to the group. Their eyes grow wide as they scramble to bow. "Oh no need to that." You giggle as they slowly stand back up. You hand them a large bouquet of flowers and they smile. "Your highnesses please have a seat." The actor that plays Sweeney says pulling some chairs out from behind him. "Thank you." You say taking a seat, Loki continues to stand as he rests his hands on your shoulders. "We'd like to congratulate on a excellent performance. Sweeney Todd is one of our favorites." Loki says taking a drink that was offered to him. "Thank you Prince Loki." "Keep up the good work. Now we will get out of your hair so you can go back to your celebration." You say as you get up from the chair. "Thank you for your visit and kind words Princess (Y/N) and Prince Loki." They say as you make your way to the door. "Not a problem. Have a wonderful night." They wave as you take your leave and go back to the car.

Once home you have dinner and get ready for bed. You come out of the bathroom to find Loki already in bed. He pats the space next to him and smiles. You giggle then run full speed and plop down on the bed. "Someone is excited." He chuckles as you cuddle close to his bare chest. "I'm just happy. I had a wonderful time. The play was amazing. Now I get to cuddle with my handsome husband. I couldn't ask for more." You sigh contently as he holds you tight. "I'm glad you had a good time my princess. Now let's get some sleep." "Way ahead of you." You say through a yawn. "Goodnight little one. I love you." "Goodnight my prince. I love you." You mumble before giving into you fatigue.