𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 07.

━ 𝗿𝗼𝗼𝗺 229

    "𝐏𝐎𝐏𝐄, 𝐆𝐄𝐓 𝐎𝐔𝐓 𝐎𝐅 the front seat,"

    I followed behind John B as he marched down the porch steps, the key ring dangling from his fingers. The three teenagers looked up to see the two of us approaching the van, oblivious expressions on their faces. Except for the blonde boy, who laid eyes on me and let his face light up with excitement.

    "She's coming with us?" Pope protested, only looking at John B.

    "Yes," John B sighed out, trying not to sound annoyed, "now move."

    "John B, we discussed this," Pope lowered his eyes at him, and spoke with a low tone, glancing to me covertly behind John B. "You said she wouldn't come with us."

    "You did say that," the girl said, quietly, from the backseat.

    "I don't recall him saying that," the blonde denied.

    "You want to get in the room, or what?" John B grew angry and looked to all of them.

    No one spoke. Pope pushed the door and jumped out, leaving it open, as John B looked back at me. My arms were crossed, and I couldn't wipe the unhappy look on my face, standing still. He motioned to the passenger seat before making his way around the van to the other side.

    "I can't believe you're letting a stranger in on this, John B," Pope protested again, as he settled himself on the back cushion beside the girl.

    "She's right there, Pope," the girl hit his arm lightly.

    I stepped forward and climbed into the old van, slouching down in the passenger seat. I noticed it was quite comfortable, as I reached out and closed the door. John B sat beside me, closing his door as well.

    "Don't be disrespectful to a lady," the blonde boy scolded him, jokingly sounding serious.

    "Jj, you also made it very clear that you didn't want her in on this either, when we were driving here," Pope retorted, "remember that?"

    "Yeah cus' JB forgot to mention she was hot," Jj clapped back.

    "You told them about me?" I asked John B quietly, hoping they wouldn't hear.

    "Pope did," he laughed casually, as he gripped his fingers around the ignition key. "He knew who's house I was pulling up to." The van's engine roared loudly for a moment as it started up, before it settled down, and rumbled quietly. "Chill out guys," John B looked at his friends in the rear view mirror overhead.

    "You didn't tell her about it, did you?" The girl asked, her voice concerned.

    I narrowed my eyebrows as the van slowly pulled off my lawn.

    "No, I did not," he reassured, "And she has a name, by the way," he glanced to me.

    I felt a wave of nervousness spill over me, for an odd reason.

    "I bet it's a hot name," Jj mumbled, sounding like he was focusing on something in his fingers.

    I slightly turned my head around to see a rolled up paper in his fingers, as he licked the top of it with his tongue. My lips formed into a tight line when I figured out where the hint of weed scent was coming from in the van.

    "Charlotte," John B smiled over at me, "Has offered to assist us on this mission, and this mission only."

    Mission.