7

Sorry, this chapter took me forever to write omg. I literally wrote it, hated it, then deleted the whole thing only to repeat the process like 5x.

...

Amelia

I'm in a daze as I change out of my graduation dress and into shorts and a sweatshirt. I can't believe I graduated today and I can't believe that Harry showed up. I honestly thought that he wouldn't either because he was busy or because he felt awkward coming. But either or it warms my heart knowing he came out all this way to see me on a day that meant so much.

I step out of my room and vaguely hear my siblings conversing with Harry downstairs. My family took us all out for a late lunch after graduation and then afterwards we came home to change and relax for the night. Harry was initially going to go back to the City where his hotel is but I told him to stay and spend the night with us. Mom offered to make up the spare room, but Harry and I secretly know that he won't be staying there. 

I walk downstairs and find Harry in the den with my siblings while a mindless show plays not he television. All of them look exceptionally comfortable in sweats, including Harry. It's hard to believe we were all so dressed up less than an hour ago.

"Amy, do you believe in ghosts?" Mikey asks me as I lean in the doorway.

"Is that what you guys are talking about?" I ask, amused.

Mikey nods.

"James and Charlie said they're not really but I've seen some spooky activity recently,"

"Is that so?" I ask him.

"Yeah. I think our house is haunted," Mikey says.

I roll my eyes.

"The house is only haunted by the likes of you lot," I half-tease. "Now if you don't mind, I'd like to borrow Harry for a minute,"

Charlie and James giggle as Mikey pouts at my response. I grin lightheartedly as Harry stands up from the chair he was in and follows me as I walk into the living room. I take a seat on the tan couch, facing the other end where Harry sits.

We sit in silence for a couple of seconds, neither of us knowing what to say right now. We hadn't conversed that much after our initial greeting, both of us knowing we needed to have a heavier conversation. We spent the majority of lunch just silently holding hands while my parents kept most of the conversation going. 

"I'm sorry," Harry breaks the silence. He looks at me with a downtrodden expression. "I know I explained it all in the letter, but I still feel guilty about everything that happened. I shouldn't have believed Shannon and I should have talked to you instead of shutting you out like I did,"

I smile sadly, remembering that night. I tried my best to block it from my memory but it still haunts me in a deep part of my brain.

"I know you were upset. I would have been too," I tell him, quietly.

"Maybe, but I was just so...in my head. I don't know how I could have been so thick headed to think you'd use me,"

I shake my head.

"I get it, Harry. Really. In the heat of the moment it probably came across as that," I say. I sigh. "I should have just told you about my paper from the beginning. I only held off because I wanted it to be perfect when you read it. I kept changing my wording until the very last moment,"

Harry smiles at me.

"I thought it was beautiful. I read it several times that night and then again in the following days. I don't mind that you didn't tell me initially," he says. "When - when did you know you wanted to write about me?"