Chapter One

A man watched as a strange ship hit the ground not too far from where he was. A sense of fear creeping up on him, he grabbed his gun and went to investigate. He began to shake as he approached the crater. When the ship door opened and a tall man stepped out, the man fell back.

"An a-alien?!" The farmer stammered.

The tall man had long spiky hair that flowed down his back. His clothing was strange compared to earth standards and he had a device on his ear. He looked around and pressed a button on the device. Seeming unimpressed he looked down at the human before him.

"Seems Kakarot failed," the tall man scowled.

"Stay back!" The farmer raised his weapon.

"Oh?" The tall man raised a brow. "Let's see your power level." He pressed the button on the side of his device. "Power level of five? How pathetic."

Out of fear the farmer pulled the trigger. The tall man barely moved as he caught the bullet and flicked it back, bringing him down.

Suddenly the device began to beep. "A higher power level? Could it be Kakarot?" The tall man wondered before flying to go find out.

Piccolo stood on a cliffside pondering how he was going to take over the world. It had been five years since he lost to Son Goku. Since then he had been training and biding his time in the hopes of defeating him once and for all.

Piccolo felt a strong power coming straight for him. He jumped up and looked, "could it be? Son Goku?!"

The tall man landed in front of Piccolo and gave a disappointed sigh. "You're not Kakarot."

"Who are you and why have you come?" Piccolo demanded. "Do you have business with me?"

The tall man snorted, "no."

"Have you come to die?" Piccolo glared at the man.

The tall man started to laugh, "let's see what your power level is." He pressed a button on his device. "Hmm, 322. More than I expected here but still no match for me."

Piccolo began to grow angry, "do you know who I am?!"

"Should I care?" The tall man countered.

Piccolo continued to glare at the man and wondered if he really was as strong as he said. Piccolo scowled and raised his hands up. "HAA!" He yelled unleashing a powerful attack.

The tall man stood as the smoke began to clear. He dusted himself off looking seemingly bored. "If you were going for a dust attack you did well." Piccolo's eyes went wide from shock as the tall man raised a hand. "Now let me show you some real power."

Before the man could attack his scouter began to beep. He tapped the side and said, "Hmm? A higher power level. This could be Kakarot." Without another word he took off, leaving Piccolo.

Piccolo dropped to his knees and tried to catch his breath. "How can this be? I-I was paralyzed- petrified." His body continued to shake as he looked up in the direction the tall man went.

"Have you lost your pride Kakarot?" The tall man wondered as he flew. "The pride of the Saiyan warriors."

Meanwhile, Bulma went to visit some old friends at Kame House. She peeked in the house and waved, "hey!"

"Wow! Bulma, it's been awhile," Krillin greeted her.

"It has," Bulma agreed. "I brought some cakes." She held up a box.

"You didn't have to do that," Roshi, the old turtle hermit, said puckering his lips. "You could've just given a ki-!" Before he could finish Bulma hit him on the head.