Chapter 26-Biana

"Fitz? Where is Fitz?" I asked. I don't know who I was asking but I needed my brother here. I felt someone wrap their arms around me. 

"It's okay Biana. Fitz is coming." Dex. That's who it was. I should have guessed. I can't believe what happened. I don't think any of us can. There was a knock on the door. I knew it wasn't Fitz because he would've just come in. I moved away from Dex to see who was at the door.

"Biana?" Linh asked, sweetly.

"Yes?" My voice was hoarse from all the crying. I hadn't left the room at all. Not even to see Keefe. 

"Um, Fitz is busy right now so I decided to come....." She didn't finish her sentence. 

"Thanks." I told her, my voice breaking. I didn't really want to see anyone other then Fitz, Dex, and maybe Keefe when he was healed. I know it's selfish, but I don't want their pity. 

"No problem. I know you probably don't want any, um, guests, but I just wanted to see how you were, and bring you something from Elwin." I knew what it was going to be, even before she pulled out the bright pink, sparkly, Unicorn stuffed animal. She handed it to me and offered weak, sad, smile. I reluctantly took the Unicorn from her, and hugged it tightly to my chest.

"Elwin named her Mrs. Sparkles." Linh informed me. I hugged her. 

"Thanks." I told her. I couldn't bring myself to say more then one word at a time. When Linh was gone, I sat down on the bed beside Dex, and let him hug me. 

"Maybe we should go see Keefe today." He said, but it sounded like more of a question. I nodded my head, afraid of what I might say if I tried to talk. I wanted to see Keefe, but I also knew seeing him would just remind me of the current situation. I started silently sobbing. We must have sat there for an hour before Dex talked again.

"Are you ready?" He asked getting up and offering a hand. I took his hand and nodded slowly. We walked in silence to Keefe's room. When we got there, Dex knocked on the door. I heard talking from the other side, but it stopped when we knocked.

"Come in." It was Fitz. He was constantly visiting Keefe, checking on Sophie to see if she was still......in her current state, or with the adults, trying to figure out what to do. We walked inside the room, only to find Sophie's limp body on the cot next to Keefe. I let out a sob at the sight, before turning towards the boys.

"Hi." I said, sadness in my tone. 

"Biana." Fitz rushed over and wrapped me in a hug. we stayed like that for a few seconds. I turned to Keefe. He was a mess. His hair....

"Hi Bi. Glad you like the new do." He offered, with a small, depressing smile. I saw something in his eyes that I'd never seen before. The broken, sad boy that Sophie seemed to have fallen in love with. I couldn't help but return the smile he gave me. For Sophie. I decided at that moment, that I would visit Keefe everyday, to honour Sophie. 

"I'm going to go. Pretty sure Mr. Forkle is waiting. He thinks Evangeline will be strong enough soon. He also has updates on the Neverseen. I'll come by here later and fill you in, Keefe." Fitz told us. As he was talking I studied the room for the first time since I stepped in. It was cozzy, with almost brownish-red coloured walls. There were only two cots, Keefe's and Sophie's, and there were 2 chairs with a little wooden table in between. The walls had a few cabinets and shelves lining them on the far side of the room.There was a little nightstand beside each cot. I sat on one of the chairs, just as Dex sat in the other. As soon as Fitz had left, we lapsed into an awkward, yet peaceful, silence. And of course Keefe was the first to break it.

"Sooooo, why exactly are you guys here. Not in a rude way but, Bi, it's not like you've been stopping by whenever you could so...."He had a point. 

"Sorry. These past 2 days have been hard and I wasn't ready to see you yet because of........" I didn't finish but we all knew what I had meant. All of a sudden, Mr. Forkle burst into the room, Fitz hot on his heels.

"We must evacuate. Now." Mr. Forkle ordered. He gave Sophie a sedative, and waiting a minute for it to settle. Then he gave Fitz instructions, and next thing I knew we were in a new hideout. As soon as we got inside, I collapsed to the floor crying as Dex tried to sooth me, Fitz joining in once he helped Keefe onto his bed. After about half an hour of crying in silence. I got up and walk to the nearest bed. That's when I realised that the hideout only had one room. There was also a kitchen, a little living room, and 3 washrooms, but only one room. Our room had 5 beds, each with a nightstand, and 3 closets. I walked to the closet that had mine and Dex's names on it. I opened it, only to find a giant walk in with 2 sides. I walked to my side, which had all of my stuff. I picked up Mrs. Sparkles and ran out back to the room, only to find that all 3 boys weren't there. I peeked into the kitchen to find Fitz and Dex having what looked like Mallowmelt, and when I looked into the living room, I saw Keefe lounging on the giant sofa, with a slice of Mallowmelt as well. I smiled my sad smile. Nobody saw it, but I was happy that the boys at least got to have Mallowmelt. I walked to my bed, which I now realised was in the middle. Keefe's was to the right of mine, while Dex's was to the left. Fitz's was on the other side of Dex's. Sophie's was at the base of the room, at the foot of Keefe's bed. I curled up in my pink blankets, and somehow, managed to fall asleep. If only I knew what was coming the next day.

Sorry for the wait. I don't have much of an excuse, so I'm just going to apologise and give you this 1077 word chapter! Idk why I'm so proud of that. Anyways, I just had a really cool idea for this story and where I want it to go. Also, special shout out to @phebosapollo for support and @Lol10opop for being a bomb sis, who I just convinced to read KOTLC when my mom is done!