Bittersweet

SODDEN HILL - Battle

"Sabrina! Behind you!" Yennefer shouted at her.
They were in middle of the battle. Nilfgaard attacked them sooner than they expected. They were fighting almost five hours. Everywhere were many Nilfgaardian's soldiers. Nilfgaard was in superiority and the mages were losing the battle. Lot of mages were from the Brotherhood, many of them have already died.
Yennefer made a green ball and she hit group of soldiers in front of her. They were standing on the hill. Behind them was at least 600 meters away the castle Rewirra where they were preparing for the battle before.
Yennefer suddenly heard a painful scream. She quickly turned around and she saw dead Koral laying on the ground in her blood. The soldiers who killed Koral were now going towards her. She gave him a killer look and said the spell. The soldiers suddenly caught their throats and they fell down to the ground dead. She started feeling a big exhaustion. She looked around herself. All her friends were fighting with somebody. They were losing and what was the worst that everybody was already very exhausted. She was fighting with hers tears when she was looking at this happening disaster around her. She spotted Triss, some soldiers hit her and she fell down to the ground.
"Triss!" Yennefer shouted at her. She was feeling anger in her veins. She started running towards her to help her.

"Yennefer!" suddenly well known voice interrupted her. She immediately turned around and she started searching for her.
"Tissaia?! Where are you?!" Yennefer shouted back. She quickly looked at Triss if she was alright. Thanks to God she was standing on her feet and fighting again. She then turned to the source of the voice.
"Yennefer!" Tissaia only whispered her name. Yennefer finally spotted her and she went towards her. She found Tissaia laying on the ground clearly in pain.
"Tissaia.. you're bleeding!" Yennefer freaked out.
"Don't care about me.. you must stop them." she was talking slowly. She coughed.
"I cant.. I don't have enough power anymore.." Yennefer said nervously.
"You can.." Tissaia coughed again.
"How?!" Yennefer started panicking.
"You're the best and the most powerful sorceress I've know. Use Chaos and let explode your every pain what you've ever felt. You can do it Yennefer.. You're our last hope.." Tissaia squeezed her hand and then she fell down unconscious.
"Tissaia?!.. Shit.." Yennefer took deep breath.
Then she slowly stood up and she started walking towards the middle of the hill. Maybe she didn't like Tissaia too much but now they were fighting for their lives and nothing else didn't matter. While she was walking, she noticed a soldier who wanted to attack her and she immediately throw him away by waveing just her hand.
She came to the middle of the hill. She stopped walking and then she took a deep breath again. She wanted to be concentrated but she also wanted to calm her down. She knew what she had to do and she didn't like this idea. But this was the only way how to end this battle. At least she was hoping for it. She closed her eyes.
Then she remembered on every pain in her life. Her childhood. How they were humiliating her, how she was ugly, how everybody hated her and were despising her. How everybody loves only her beauty. How they took her chance to be mother, how she can't have her own child, how she can't find the cure. How the man she loves didn't support her and how the man of her heart didn't tell her that he loves her. She remembered on everything. On every fear which was still haunting her. The tears started rolling down from her cheeks like a waterfalls. Then with all her power she screamed and from her hands started rising red flames. Suddenly everything around her exploded. Some mages managed to activate the shields to protect themselves.
But she suddenly saw only the darkness.

SOMEWHERE ON THE PATH - Temeria

Geralt entered into the Inn. He was travelling almost one month.
His journey were quite peaceful. Nobody has attacked him, nobody hasn't bother him. He's met some monsters but he didn't have to kill them. He ordered beer and he sat down to the free table. He was wearing a hood, he didn't want to have any problems. When he was travelling he had many time to think about everything what happened and how his life will look like next. His plan was to find his Child of Surprise and about any other future he didn't care now. He drank his beer. He wanted to finally sleep in the bed because he was still sleeping on the ground somewhere. Suddenly he heard a conversation of two men in the next table. He didn't want to listen to them but their words interested him:
"Did you lose something what won't return?" the man asked another man.
"Yes." the second man answered.
"Did it hurt so much you thought it was the end?" the man asked again.
"Yes." the man answered sadly.
"Did you cry so much that you could barely see?" the man looked at the another man seriously.
"Yes." the man said with tears in his eyes.
"Then I'm afraid my friend that you're in love and the woman of your life just ran away.." the man looked on the second man with sadness.
"I.. I'm...."

Geralt stopped listening. He heard enough. But what was the worst that he was feeling the same as the second man. He felt the same pain in his heart as that man. He's cried so many times because of Yennefer, even if he knew the witcher shouldn't have cry. But he couldn't get over it, even if he tried so many times, he just couldn't. He loved her so much. There was no life without her.
After he drank his whole beer, he stood up and he went towards the innkeeper.
"I want a room." Geralt said with deep voice.
"30 orens." the innkeeper told him calmly. Geralt gave him the coins, he grabbed the key and he started going upstairs. He was almost to the stairs when someone stopped him.
Geralt turned around. The man immediately pulled down Geralt's hood. Geralt stepped back.
"Oh, Mutant.. I didn't expected it. We were watching you since you entered into this inn but we thought you are bandit or what.. and you're the witcher." the man said with laughing.
"I don't want to cause any problems." Geralt was honest.
"You caused problems for yourself when you entered into this inn." the man stepped closer to him. Geralt quickly measured them. They were three and everbody were armed. He supposed they could use their weapons very well.
"What the hell is your problem?" the witcher said angrily.
"You. Your kind is my problem!" the man started to be angry too.
"I didn't do anything wrong to you, then I don't understand why you're opening your stinky mouth on me!" Geralt raised his voice. He had enough that everybody saw him as the threat. Everyone in the inn suddenly didn't say anything. In the whole inn was like in the grave. Only the breathes of people could be hear.

"You shouldn't have be born witchfucker! You're just bastard without emotions!" the man was strict.
"Watch your words or I won't control myself." Geralt was trying to be calm.
"I don't care what you think you son of the bitch!" the man put his hand on his sword and he was ready to hit the witcher.
But Geralt was faster and with one exact move he raised his sword and suddenly the the witcher's blade was on the man's neck.
"Say another word and I will cut your throat." Geralt said with threatening voice
He didn't want to kill him but sometimes he didn't have any choice.
"Stop it!" one of the Temerian soldiers shouted at them when they entered into the inn. Someone had to call them. Five soldiers came towards them.
"Witcher, I said stop it!" the soldier was strict. Geralt gave killer look to the man and he pulled away his sword from his neck.
"I didn't start it." he then looked at the soldiers.
"I know, the witness told us." the soldier explained to him. He then looked at the three men.
"You three are going with us. We'll talk in the different way." the soldier looked at them angrily. The others soldiers then arrested them.
"Thanks." Geralt told him honestly.
"I wasn't helping you. I was protecting the people. If you would start fighting with your sword like you know, you could accidentally hurt someone else." soldier looked at him and then he left.

Geralt sighed. At least for now it wasn't his fault. He went towards stairs. When he was upstairs, he started searching for his room. He found it after couple seconds. He put the key into the door but the noise of another closing doors stopped him. He looked at the end of the corridor and his heart skipped a beat. There was a woman with raven hair all in black. But when she turned towards him, he finally saw her face. His excitement but also fear in the same time disappeared. He frowned and then he entered into his room.
How the hell he could think that she was Yennefer? That woman looked so similarly to her from behind. What would she be doing in this dusty inn anyway? You are fool Geralt, he thought.
He then went towards the bed and he lay down. He wanted to rest and sleep normally because the journey to the south will be long. But he also knew he won't sleep well. Since she left he couldn't sleep peacefully at all.

THE END: Chapter 22