Peridot × Gem Reader

Peridot's POV

     Lapis and I were chilling in the truck watching Camp Pining Hearts. This is what we do when we have nothing else to do. It is pretty enjoyable.

     "Lapis Peridot, I have someone that you guys need to meet. I'm hoping that you let her be your roommate." We heard Steven yell as he walked up. Lapis flew down as I paused the show. I peeked over the edge and saw a g/n who was my height. She looked beautiful.

     "Peri, staring is rude. Come down here and introduce yourself." Lapis laughed as she motioned for me to come down.

     "Oh yeah, sorry." I said as I started to get out of the truck. I tripped as reached the ground but got up as fast as I can. These clods staring at me makes me nervous.

     "Hi Peridot, Steven has told me a lot about you as we walked here." The g/n smiled at me.

     "Peridot this is g/n, I thought that maybe she could live with you guys. So far Lapis said it was okay so what about you?" Steven asked me. I looked at g/n and then back at him.

     "G/n seems fit to be our roommate." I said.

     "Can you guys actually call me y/n? I like it better." G/n well, Y/n asked.

     "Yeah, of course." We all agreed.

     "Okay, well I'll leave you guys to it. I'm gonna go back to the temple and see what the gems are up to." Steven said as he walked away. We all waved good bye to him.

      "Let's go back to watching Camp Pining Hearts." Lapis said as she flew up to the truck.

     "Yeah!" I cheered. I started to climb up but then looked back at Y/n who was awkwardly standing there and looking at her feet. "Wanna join us?" I held out my hand to her as an invitation. She smiled up at me as she grabbed my hand and said sure. Her keeps were a dark shade of g/c as I helped her up.

Y/n's POV

     I was a blushing mess as Peridot helped me up onto the truck. In all honesty she was very cute. If I was back on home world, I would be shunned for having thoughts like this but I'm on earth and Steven said that it was okay to be me without anyone else telling me what to do. I'mma take every chance I can to get closer to Peridot and make her like me. I will call this "Plan Get Peridot To Like Me". I smiled at the plan.

     Lapis was already chilling as the episode started to play. Peridot went to sit down beside Lapis and she motioned me over to sit next to her. When I did, I sat so that our shoulders were touching. Every few minutes I would take glances at Peridot and smile at the comments she made about the show. Lapis saw the way I looked at her and smirked every time she caught me paying attention to Peridot and not the show. We have been watching for maybe about an hour now. I glanced at Peridot and became very concerned when I saw an unconscious Lapis.

     "Is she okay?" I asked as I pointed at Lapis. She let out a weird sound that made me jump. She almost sound like an Earth pig. Peridot laughed at me when she saw me jump.

     "She's okay, she's just sleeping." Peridot answered.

     "Sleeping?" I asked as I slightly tilted my head to the side. Peridot's cheeks grew a dark green before she answered me.

     "Yeah, it's an Earth thing that Steven taught us." She answered.

     "How do you do it?" I asked as more curiosity filled my voice.

     "Well you lay down, close your eyes, and think about nothing while doing nothing. It seems dumb when you start but when you wake up you actually feel refreshed." Peridot smiled at me. Her smile was very cute.

     "Lapis isn't laying down though." I said as I pointed at Lapis again.

      "Well, you don't always have to lay down. Want to try it out?" She asked me.

      "Um sure. It won't hurt me right?" I asked her as I cautiously looked at her.

      "It won't I promise. Here, you can lay down on my lap as a cusion." She offered with dark green cheeks.

      "Thank you." I thanked as I layed down. I did as she said and I slowly drifted into what she called sleep. It was actually very peaceful and relaxing.

Peridot's POV

     If Lapis was up right now, she would be making fun of me. I'm a blushing mess right now. It took all the courage inside me to offer my lap as a pillow to her. I stroked her soft hair as she slept. I couldn't help it, it looked so soft. My smile hasn't left my face for one second as I looked at her asleep in my lap.

     "I take a small nap and you guys are already acting like a couple." Lapis laughed as she looked at us.

     "Shush you clod. She's sleeping, I don't want her to wake up." I said as I looked at Lapis.

     "So what, do you have a crush on her now?" Lapis asked quieter. It took me a second to figure out what she was asking. When I figured it out I started to blush even more.

      "What no, of course not. What would make you think that?" I lied. I'm not just gonna tell Lapis that I like Y/n. She's gonna judge me for liking her right after we met and she's gonna make fun of me for liking her.

     "You suck at lying. Just don't make out while we are watching TV and I'm okay." Lapis said as she went back to watching the show. Making out? Is that like the smooches that Garnet was talking about? Maybe I should ask her about it next time I see her. I can also ask her how to ask Y/n out. Not that I need her help or anything, I just want a few ideas. Her ideas won't be better than mine though.

        I should make a plan. Plans usually help out for times like this. I will call this "Plan Date Y/n". I should record this on my recorder. I can remember my plan way easier then. I'll have to find it first. For now, I'll enjoy petting her hair.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
I had no idea what I was going to do for this but I wanted to do it anyways. I hope you liked it anyways tho. Hope to see you guys in the next one. Byyyeeee👋