f o r t y

if you are reading this story on any other platform apart from Wattpad (https://www.wattpad.com/home) you are very likely to be at the risk of a malware attack. if you wish to read this story in it's original, safe form please go to (https://www.wattpad.com/user/a_soft_bun). thank you!

f o r t y

Shortly after the meeting, and well into the darkness of the night, Micajah has organised the four groups of wolves, some made up from the wolves of his pack, and after making several calls, others from his allies. The groups were large, each containing five-hundred wolves. He was sending over two thousand wolves in this night, to ensure that this war was over by the end of tomorrow.

If it wasn't, he'd do it himself.

The groups left exactly three hours before midnight, giving them enough time to reach their destinations and be prepared for when midnight would fall, and the peace agreement was over. They would be expected to return back the next day, as the King said, before dinner.

Micajah had left a little afterwards. His first venture was up to the north, where three of the seven elder council members he had to track were. He kissed Adah goodbye, with a promise to return quickly. He was at ease and was confident, without a single worry. This was practically nothing to him. That made Adah feel the same way. If he wasn't worried, neither was she. He would hopefully arrive at the same time as the rest of the wolves the following day.

Adah had just returned from the packhouse, checking to see if everything was alright and settled. There wasn't much uneasiness. Everyone was hopeful that it would be over soon, and people were confident. Seeing the wolves that had been sent off to war, made them feel better and stronger, setting up a good foundation. She had sent Jayden to all the houses to do the same. She was trekking back to the palace by foot, Orion and Faia – her personal guards- close behind her, as always.

Although it was extremely late at night now, much of the palace was still enslaved by light. Adah says goodbye to her guards, deciding to make her way up to her room. Her mind suddenly lingers to Lena, and her mind dwells on the female.

It had been Lena's first night here, and her mate had suddenly gone to battle. She imagined Lena wouldn't be feeling good, especially considering that she had recently found Uriah, so everything was a lot more fresh, a lot more raw. She'd be extremely emotional. Though she had nothing to worry with Uriah getting hurt, she still would. Adah still did with the King.

She heads over to Uriah's room. She never really ventured into this part of the palace. She knocks on the door, hearing the slightest shuffle, before the door opens. At the threshold, was a crying Lena, wearing one of Uriah's hoodies, just as Adah assumed she would be. She didn't blame her. It was hard. Adah's eyes latch onto Lena's neck, which had a fresh mark and her heartstrings tug. Lena's emotions would be amplified now, the bond just having set, and now her other half far away.

She immediately engulfs Lena into a warm hug.

"It's okay. He'll be fine. I promise," a Queen's words are never distrustful, and Lena's wolf listens to her, wiping her brimming eyes.

"Yeah. I don't know why I feel like this. I never cry," she laughs through her tears, causing Adah to chuckle too. She keeps an arm around Lena's waist, leading the female out of Uriah's room.

She takes Lena into one of the lounge rooms, and had quickly snuck into the kitchen to make some hot cocoa, topped with whipped cream and marshmallows. She also grabs some brownies, that had been left in a glass container. They sit together on one of the couches, Lena having chosen a movie. Not many words are shared, but it's still a good time.

Adah never really had ever hung out with another female before. She had no friends in her old pack because she hated talking to people, and since becoming Queen, she had just hung around males. It was a nice change, and knows Lena is much better, because she's distracted. They both fall asleep in front of the blaring television, curled together with the blanket on top.

That's how Jayden had found them in the morning, and with a little bit of a hurt expression, he asks where his invite was.

"We talked about periods and sex. I don't think you would've liked it bud," Lena pats his shoulder, heading out without another look back.

Jayden's blush intensifies to the maximum, almost turning crimson red. Adah just chuckles to herself lowly, promising Jayden that he'd be there next time, pressing a kiss to his cheek. Jayden profusely refuses this time, not wanting to be there ever.

"I thought we could start sending home all the refugees that we have here. Well, the ones from the packs who have conceded with to start. I also got word. All groups have engaged, and only one pack is turning a little messy. Micajah has captured all the elder council members in the north, who are sent here, and is now on his way to the west," Jayden gives an update. Adah nods through a yawn.

The rest of the morning was spent with Adah and Jayden making a lot of phone calls to the conceded packs, making arrangements for these wolves who were refuging at the palace to make their way back. After a while, Jayden takes Lena for a palace tour, whilst Adah goes from house to house, spending time with the women and their small pups.

The day tiptoes by tediously. Everyone was waiting, and the longer the seconds drawled on, the more frustrated everyone became. 

 In the depths of the evening, the groups returned with flags of victory. It was over. They had gotten the packs to submit, without a single death. They had done it.

Adah is more relieved than happy – only true joy will emanate when she gets to share it with her mate. Micajah lied. He didn't come back in time for dinner, and Adah went to bed without her half . She's half asleep when she can sense him come in, a small smile breaking through her lips.

"You're late," is all she says, and she can feel the grin against his lips, as he leans to kiss her cheek.

"I'll spend the rest of my life making it up to you," whispered against her ear. She smiles again.

"You think that's a choice?" turning her head, pressing her lips to his. He raises a daring brow, features smirking.

"It's just you and me sharing this lifetime my love," is all Adah says, her eyes latched onto his.

"You and me. Adah and Micajah," he says, kissing her once more.

A/N - maybe a little bit of a dead ending to this chapter, with like how the war ended. sorry.