Chapter eleven: Family Reunion

AN: Sorry it took so long to update! 

I've been feeling ill and very tired, so I took a small break. Don't worry, the sickness wasn't what you are most likely thinking, and I'm feeling better now. 

Chapters, hopefully, won't take this long in the future!

Harry felt oddly exposed as he walked with the prefect towards Dumbledore's office. It was a similar feeling to  which he'd had in Diagon Alley seven years ago. 

The prefect walked him briskly up a set of stairs towards a golden gargoyle. Standing next to it was a nervous short wizard who looked remarkably like a rat. 

"Mr Pettigrew, I've brought the other Potter twin," said the prefect sounding very smug. 

"What?" the man, who Harry always knew as Peter, jumped, seemingly snapping out of his own world. 

"The other Potter twin." 

"Pardon me?" 

"The other Potter twin. I've brought the other Potter twin at Dumbledore's request. Not Colin Potter, the other Potter twin." Harry was beginning to wish this idiot would stop being so patronising. Either that or learn some new words. 

"Oh yes. Thank you... umm..." 

"Percy Weasley, sir." 

"Yes, thank you Percy. I'll make sure to let Professor Dumbledore know." 

Percy the prefect walked away with his head held high with a proud smile, clearly satisfied. 

Harry resisted the urge to gulp as he felt his... whatever he was to him, staring at him, as if inspecting him. 

"You look like your father, just like James at your age.... more than Colin does. But you have... Lily's eyes." Peter informed him. 

"Can we just get this over with please, sir? I need to be on time for my first class," Harry decided against saying he had no interest in reminiscing about his parents' past. 

"Of course," Peter  seemed a little more confident than he had been seven years ago. 

Peter whispered the password to the gargoyle, which moved aside and revealed a staircase. He ushered Harry up the stairs and to a door, which Peter knocked on. 

"Come in!" called a voice from the inside. 

Peter opened the door and they both entered. 

Inside the office Harry saw Colin was already there, sat on a stool facing Harry and screaming nonsense. Also there, and also screaming, was Lily and James Potter, both of whom were red in the face. Sirius and Remus, who were also there, both had their backs to Harry and seemed to have their faces buried in their hands as they sat on the edge of Dumbledore's desk. Dumbledore was stood up behind his desk and in front of his chair staring at the screaming child, he was also holding the sorting hat. 

"I BELONG IN GRYFFINDOR!" screamed Colin so loud Harry thought it would probably wake the dead. 

"MY SON DOESN'T BELONG IN RAVENCLAW!" for the first time in forever, Harry agreed with Lily Potter. Colin deserved to be told he couldn't be sorted due to the fact the hat couldn't fit over his fat head.

"It is an unfortunate situation," is Dumbledore's report. "But there isn't anything that can be done." 

"Professor, can't an exception be made? As he is the Boy Who Lived?" asked James. 

Dumbledore shook his head. "I'm sorry, James. But it is for the best. Maybe this is his destiny. After all, this is the house of wisdom." 

Colin began to yell at the top of his lungs, he jumped onto the chair and jumped up and down like a toddler and screamed and screamed and screamed and screamed. And then suddenly stopped.