𝐕. ATTACK AT THE CAFE

CHAPTER FIVEATTACK AT THE CAFE

CHAPTER FIVE
ATTACK AT THE CAFE

§ § §

A loud horn filled my eyes and I let out a yell when I saw the double-decker bus driving straight at us. Still holding hands, the four of us hurried out of the way and off the street, onto the sidewalk. We were pressed against the gate, breathing heavily.

I took a deep breath and looked around. We were in a modern city somewhere, one I'd never been to. I blinked a few times at the busy streets filled with cars and busses and people. Bright billboard screens flashed advertisements on the buildings towering above us.

Hermione led the way as Harry, Ron, and I trailed after her, pushing through the crowded sidewalks. Harry and Hermione seemed fine, but Ron and I held each other's arms tightly, wide-eyed and overwhelmed.

"Where are we?" Ron asked breathlessly as the two of us flinched away from someone dressed in a bear costume.

"Shaftesbury Avenue," Hermione answered, sparing a glance back at Ron and I's confused faces as we walked on. "I used to come to the theatre here with mum and dad. Don't know why I thought of it, it just popped into my head. This way."

Harry followed after Hermione, Ron and I bringing up the end as we turned off of the main busy streets and went down a darker and secluded alleyway.

"We need to change," Hermione said.

"Haven't got clothes," I frowned, shivering. Hermione and I were both in short dresses from the wedding.

Hermione held up her small beaded bag, and opened it. When she stuck her arm in, it was as far down as her shoulder, and I raised my eyebrows. She started pulling clothes out and handing them to Harry, Ron, and I.

"Undetectable extension charm," She explained. Ron looked impressed and amazed at her.

"You're amazing, you are," He told her.

The corners of her mouth twitched as she held back a smile, handing Harry and I the rest of our clothes. "Always the tone of surprise." A sound came from the depths of the bag. "Ah, that'll be the books."

Ten minutes later, when we were all back into normal clothes that would help us blend in, we made our way to a deserted coffee shop. "Never tried coffee," I looked around as we walked in. "Wonder what the Muggles rave about."

We sat at one of the booths, Harry and I across from Ron and Hermione. "What about all the people at the wedding?" Harry asked nervously. I knew he was thinking of Ginny. "Do you think we should go back?"

"Bloody hell, no!" I exclaimed. "Don't be daft."

"Giovanna's right," Ron said quietly. "They're after you two, mate. We'd put everyone in danger by goin back."

The waitress walked over, music playing loudly from the thing in her ear. She cleared he throat and we all looked at her. "Coffee?"

"A cappuccino, please," Hermione said.