Touched

[M/N][L/N] P.O.V

Reassuring that Asta's demon was harmless was futile as more people freaked out. The nobles told Damnatio to put Asta down immediately with his appearance that was similar to a demon's. If we defeated everyone here and tried to flea then the Church in Hage Village would be targeted Damnatio said. He told us to give up so I walked past Asta and passed him Mary, he was a bit startled. Damnatio continued that if he was put down that the girl and everyone would be saved. I stepped in front with my arms loosely open in surrender. I kept my calm, we just needed more time.

"This could all be avoided if we put you down instead (M/N). The demons inside the two with horns would disappear. You're a walking calamity, you're pure evil if you're able to control the two."

I smiled sadly

"You're right, I am pure evil but I am truly sorry for what I've done. I wish to repent. If putting me down shows that the other two are innocent then please execute me. I'll repent for my crimes that way."

The whole building shuddered as they raised their wands at me and Asta screamed at me to move out of the way but I made my vines trap him to the ground. I shot him a sad smile and thanked him. Then, the wall broke down. All the nobles and royalty freaked out over this and began panicking. Yami was there smoking as he said that this was supposed to happen in two days. He told Damnatio that he didn't care if any of us were evil or not. Next, Magna said Asta was a man among men with Luck following up saying Asta was a precious friend. Even Gordon had the courage to talk asking if everyone wanted to be cursed for hurting Asta who was his buddy.

Gray praised Asta saying she's transformed into him and that he was persistent which was something she wanted to be. Henry called Asta a good person. Even Gauche said he should save Asta with Mary since she would be sad. Vanessa called him a fine sturdy guy which I'm sure came out wrong and Charmy said he had to live longer to eat more. I'm surprised when Zora called him close to a true magic knight. These words made it hard to keep down the smile on my face. Finral announced Asta treated him with respect. Noelle said he was dumb but she acknowledged him and that the Kingdom needs him. She was pretty right on that one.

"Asta is ours and you're going to give him back!"

Somehow, I managed to repress the urge to shed a tear in joy. I'm glad Asta and I have such great friends. Damnatio saw my small smile but still kept a stone cold face. He simply addressed them before saying they were willing to protect the vessels of the demons that I plotted. I didn't but he's not in the mood to listen. He seemed like the guy who was always in a bad mood. Damnatio asked Yami if he knew what saving Asta and Nero would do for the Black Bulls but Yami said he didn't care. He'll become whatever he says they are. I almost laughed when Yami called Damnatio a looser.

Suddenly, Gauche tried to shoot Asta. He said it was for taking advantage of the situation to pick up Mary. Nero told Yami to take Asta and run. She's not from this era so she thought it was justified. However, Yami said it was late after she already parked herself at the base. She watched us all this time and still didn't get it. Everyone praised her in their own way as Yami gave her the robes of the Black Bulls. Finally, she seemed to have her resolve as she broke her chains. She stood by the Black Bulls proudly. That was until the wizards chose to fire at me. I was just too happy I didn't see that coming.

"(M/N)!!"

"You see, we were never really here to execute Asta. We need to get rid of the evil mastermind. He's the one who orchestrated the whole war. You can take the other two from your speech. Their demons would be gone if we killed him. You never made the situation better. On the contrary, you made it worse. It's better if we end his life now."

Unfortunately, it hurt real bad as I lost my vision for a few seconds. I didn't fall down however. My knees may have felt weak and I had a bleeding chest but I did not fall. The pain quickly subsided. Everyone prepared to use their magic however Damnatio's scale magic shrunk them all. He looked ready to finish me off but Asta's magic counteracted the scale magic letting Yami to go in for a fake swoop at Damnatio's head. This was going to end real bad but suddenly I felt the mana of Nozel and Fuegoleon coming in fast.

Fuegoleon held up a scroll to Damnatio which the man began reading. Nozel called Yami reckless even if he said he would miss Damnatio's head. Fuegoleon said Yami couldn't have made a worst impression but thanks to that they were on time. Those two both shot me a worried expression. Damnatio began reading out loud that the Black Bulls and those with ties to the demons were to be exiled and kept under surveillance while they are abroad. They would be assigned to a mission to explore and investigate the demons. They said I was completely innocent for now with proof and that I too would have time to fully prove myself as innocent.

Julius must've had these two deliver it because they were royals. Damnatio's scales tipped into a balanced state and I was amazed. Yami grabbed Asta's and my head to tell us we were going abroad. Damnatio said he underestimated the weight of trust placed in Asta and I but said if we ever proved useless then we would be executed. Asta's life was still on that scale. I wondered why he didn't include me too.

A/N: I think I wrote Damnatio very well. Thanks for reading!

 Thanks for reading!