Chapter Forty One ~

"Do you have a seven?" Hoseok asked, looking up at me past the cards he held close to his face.

"No, sir," I replied. I watched him pout before grabbing another card from the deck and adding it to his hand. "Do you..." I glanced up at Jungkook who was holding up two fingers. He then added three fingers, making five. "A five?"

"I have two," Hoseok said, oblivious to his friend helping me out. He grabbed the two fives from his deck and handed them to me. I made a separate stack of four fives, adding the two I had to the other two I already had. I had finished my meal an hour or so ago and Jin would occasionally come in with a glass or two of water that had fruit slices floating around on the surface.

I looked back up at Jungkook who was intently reading Hoseok's cards before he held up a finger. He then pointed to me. Must be a queen. Sadly, I didn't have any queens in my hand. "How about an eight?"

Hoseok shook his head and as I drew a card, he asked me if I had any threes. He only had four cards in his hand, and I knew he had a queen, at least one seven, and at least one three. I didn't know what the other one was. "I do not," I said simply. Jungkook held up two fingers and then added five before showing one finger then adding two – one three. Hoseok drew and I asked him, "Do you have any sevens?"

He frowned before handing over his two sevens and I added them to the one I had just drawn. I kept them in my hand before sighing. Jungkook stepped to the side to see what Hoseok's other card was, but the older saw the action from the corner of his eye and looked over to the young guard. Jungkook quickly made his action seem like it was nothing, pretending to whistle as he turned around to face the opposite direction. "What are you doing?" Hoseok asked, suspicious.

Jungkook looked at him, confused. "Me? My job."

Hoseok narrowed his eyes before looking back at me. "It's still your turn."

"You have nothing I need," I thought aloud, forgetting that I wasn't supposed to know.

"I might," Hoseok said. He then blinked before throwing his cards at Jungkook. "You helped her cheat!"

Jungkook shrugged, chuckling. "I don't know what you're talking about."

Hoseok just rolled his eyes and took the cards I handed him. "I can't believe you two. I thought we played fair in this castle."

"All is fair in love and war, Jung Hoseok," I giggled. "And you know how competitive I am – card games might as well be war." I stretched, finding a more comfortable position before folding my hands neatly in my lap. "Can you two find Namjoon for me and tell him I need to see him?"

"Is he in trouble?" Jungkook asked.

"You are," Hoseok murmured, grabbing the younger's wrist and pulling him out of the bedroom. I heard a rough slap once they left the room followed by another.

"Be nice!" I called out.

I looked around the room and frowned. Everything was too perfect to be left alone for a whole month. The wooden floor was polished, and dust wasn't present anywhere. The sheets were clean, and the cotton gown Taehyung had dressed me in that was the shade of a clear night sky was new – too new. I had lots of questions and I knew the only one I wanted to ask them to was the one that seemed to be avoiding me. Yoongi had visited me earlier, right when I finished lunch, with the cat that I had let in. He had told me that the cat didn't have a name yet, since they thought I should name it – after all, I was the one who brought it in. After petting the cat for a good fifteen minutes, I was still clueless.

"What's the most human name?" I asked.

Yoongi, was sitting on the edge of my bed, pursed his lips in thought. "Um... John?"