Ch1- Hunter Exam

(Y/N)'s POVI left Meteor City when I was eighteen years old

(Y/N)'s POV
I left Meteor City when I was eighteen years old. I had many different jobs in the Republic of Padokea. The last time I was there was in the Heavens Arena. I made it to the 200th floor, but got disqualified for killing one of the announcers.

It was their fault for looking down on me like I was some little kid. I mean, sure it may seem that way, but they should know I'm not really a little kid. Even the ladies at the front desk underestimated me when I told them my age.

The reason why I hide my identity is because it's fun to lie to people like that. I am a transmuter after all>:3 Oh yeah, I also got temporarily banned from Heavens Arena too. So right now I'm just wandering the streets, looking for something fun to do.

"Hey, did you hear that the hunter exam is coming up again?" I stopped skating around and listened on to the man's conversation. "Yeah.. I may have lost last year but this time, I'm getting my license no matter what."

I lean in closer on their conversation. "Turns out a hunter license can make your whole life a lot easier. You can get treasuries, free pass to any restricted areas.." I couldn't believe what I was hearing right now.

I've heard of a hunter license before, but I didn't know it could give you access to all the things you've wished for. 'I spent all my money from Heavens Arena just to get these Nen skates.. But a license!

I could get more than just money. It would make my life a lot easier!' And so I began to follow those men to the hunter exam.

~le time skip brought to you by: Idk... Gon's fishing pole (Lol)~

When I got to the exam's location, everyone in the room looked at me. Some laughed, some smirk and some were actually smart enough to keep to themselves. "Hello.. Please take this tag and where it at all times."

A small green man gave me a pin with the number #304. I thank him and clip it onto my shirt. I began to skate around, scoping out the other examiners. At the corner of my eye, I see a guy dressed in blue, wearing the number #16 making his way towards me.

"Hello there, kid. The name's Tonpa." He takes out his hand, waiting for me to shake it. Which I don't.. He sweat drops and continues talking. "This is my 35th attempt. So I guess you can call me a veteran." I still kept quiet.

"Anyways, take this drink as a toast to friendship." He shoves a can of old juice into my face. I could've sworn I saw him smirking. 'That just gave me an idea.' I smile at him and open the can. "Thanks, Tonpa."

"No problem, kid." He gave me a fake smile and made small talk. "Why don't you take a sip? You look thirsty." He tells me. 'Yeah, right. Like I'm ever drinking this crap. I can smell the poison.' I pretend to give off a nice act.

"Why don't we drink it at the same time?" I smile and bring the can closer to my mouth. "O-oh, sure." I could see the sweat dropping from his forehead. We both bring the cans up to our mouths. 'Just a little push.'

I quickly lift my foot up to his can, making it tilt, making him swallow the drink. I smirk and pour the juice out of my can. "You actually thought you could get me to back out?" I send out a stream of blood lust towards his way.

That only he can feel. "Well guess what? It's not going to happen." I began to skate away. "Oh and by the way. I'm not a child, I'm actually an adult." I skate off to a random spot where I can have some peace.

I heard someone chuckle behind me. "That was very interesting to watch, my dear~" I turn to see a man dressed as a clown. He looked a few years older than me. "What's your name, doll~?"

I stood there silent for a second before answering. "None of your business, clown." I said, then skate off to a farther location. I sigh and sit down against the wall. 'Looks like I'm in here for the long hall.'

I sigh and stare off into the distance.

~le time skip brought to you by: Killua's cat face•̀•́~

A few hours later, the room started to grow smaller as more people began to fill it. It was probably up to four hundred by now. I continued to stay in my spot till a group of three came out of the elevator.

I look to see Tonpa making his way to them. 'Huh.. I thought he left, considering what I did to him earlier. Oh well.' I look down at my skates and start to play with the wheels. At the corner of my, I could see the group of three and Tonpa looking my direction.

Gon's POV
"Hey, Mr. Tonpa, who's that over there?" I point to a little girl who looks about my age. "Oh, her.. I don't really know her that well." He scratched the back of his neck with a nervous laugh. "But I should advise you to stay away from her." Mr. Tonpa states firmly.

"Why? She's just a little kid." Leorio points out. "Trust me. You do not want to go near her."
I squint my eyes, getting a better inspection of her. 'I don't get it. What could possibly be so bad about a little girl?'

(Y/N)'s POV
I soon heard a curdling scream erupting the awkward silence of the room. I look up from my skates to see a man's arms turn into flower petals. "My, it would've seem your arms have turned into flower petals. No smoke or mirrors here, people. And do apologize next time you bump into someone."

The clown says and walks away. I cover my mouth with my hand to stifle a laugh that almost escaped. A few minutes later, a loud alarm rang. The giant wall began to rise up, revealing a man dressed in purple.

"Hello. And welcome to this year's hunter exam. I hope you're ready for what obstacles come your way." The purple man turns around and gets into a running stance. "Could you all please follow me. We will begin the first phase."

I stand up and began to skate and follow everyone else. 'Alright, let's do this.'