Chapter 57: Homecoming Proposal

E V A N N A

After a pretty long day, hanging out with Mia was amazing. In 4 hours we went to a Karaoke room, ate at McDonald's, watched a movie at the theater, and now we were sitting on top of my houses roof, which I should mention took so long to get on top because of how big my house was, and we were watching the stars.

"I've always wanted to do this," I said, staring dreamily at the dark sky that was lit up by thousands of stars. The beautiful full moon was big and perfectly round and the sky was full of clouds.

"It's so pretty," Mia said, sighing. "I wish I could do this every night."

"Hey, can I join?" Jayden said, slowly making his way up to where we were.

I smiled. "Hi, Jayden."

"Yeah, of course you can," Mia replied.

Jayden sat on Mia's right, smiling. "Watching the stars?"

"Mhm," I answered. "There's so many tonight."

"Are you guys excited for homecoming?" He asked, turning to face us. "It's in two days."

"Yeah, I am. I don't know who to go with though..." I trailed off, thinking about who might ask me.

"I'm... probably not going," Mia said. "My parents don't want me to go..."

My eyes widened. "What? No, but..."

I thought about the dress I bought her. I wanted to go with all of my friends together...

"Actually," Mia said. "I'm going to go. I'll just... sneak out or something. But I really want to go. It's my first ever school dance and I don't want to miss it. Especially if it's going to be my last."

"What do you mean?" I asked. "There's so many more dances and it's going to be so fun."

Mia smiled sadly. "I know my parents won't ever let me out if I go to another one and they find out. That's why I'm going to enjoy this last one."

"Well in that case," Jayden said. "Do you want to go to the dance with me?"

Mia and I both turned to him, shocked.

My jaw dropped. He just asked Mia to the dance.

Mia's eyes widened. "What? Are you serious?"

Jayden laughed. "Yeah, why not. Come on, it'll be fun."

"Of-of course, I mean, yeah I would love to," Mia rambled. "Oh my god, yes."

I was so excited for them. "Aww, that's so cute. Well, you two have fun. I am still waiting for my date. I don't know who's going to ask me, but I'm scared."

Mia frowned. "What if they both ask you? Who are you going to take?"

"I... don't know..." I answered truthfully. "I really don't know."

Jayden laughed. "Do you think they're going to show up to school with a cheesy hoco proposal?"

"They're not cheesy," Mia laughed. "They're kind of cute."