Chapter Ten

~~~hey the author isn't dead, (only on the inside) and has finally updated this. It's rather short, sorry I'm trying to write more but I haven't had the time thanks for being patient. Enjoy!~~~~~~~

The oaken doors opened revealing a stern looking woman behind. Sherlock quickly examined her noting all important details he would need. His first impression was she was not a woman to mess with and all the clues supported that idea. Head of Gryffindor house, Deputy Headmistress, and the Transfiguration professor from first to seventh year. She deserved to be respected.

"The firs' years, Professor Mcgonagall," said Hagrid. 

"Thank you, Hagrid. I will take them from here."

She lead them up several flights of marble stairs before stopping in front of another large pair of doors. "Welcome to Hogwarts," said Professor Mcgonagall. "The start of term banquet will begin momentarily, but before you must be sorted into your houses they are Gryffindor,  Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin. Now, while you are here your house will be like your family. Your triumphs will earn you House points. Any rule breaking and you will lose points. At the end of the year the House with the most points will win the house cup.

"The Sorting Ceremony will be take place in a few minutes. I suggest you smarten yourselves up before then." Her gaze lingered on several people before entering the Great Hall alone.

It had been several minutes before someone screamed.

Sherlock tiredly looked around the entrance hall for the cause of the screaming when twenty ghosts floated by the first years. Ghosts, of course there are ghosts, Sherlock thought.

Some of the ghosts were talking about the houses they were in and their opinions, but Sherlock had already decided what house he was going to get in. And he was ready to do everything to get in it. 

Mcgonagall came back and said with a small grin that only Sherlock saw,"Come."

The doors of the Great Hall opened and Sherlock was, impressed. Four long tables were filled with students chattering. Sherlock swore he heard music coming from behind him as he took in the magical place. The starry sky, the floating candles that aren't dripping wax which confused him until he decided magic. The person at the front of Hall with his arms outstretched and eyes twinkling madly spoke, "Welcome."

So this is the great Dumbledore. The one who made nine years a living hell.

Professor McGonagall stepped on to the platform, got out a stool, placed a rather raggedy hat on it,  and told the kids to come when they're name was called.

"Abbott, Hannah!"

Sherlock felt like yawning. How dull. You simply put on a hat and it calls out your house. This was going to take forever.

And it did.

According to Sherlock.

"Potter, Harry!"

As soon as the name was spoken various whispers arose all across the hall like hissing fire.

"It's Sherlock," He corrected before making his way onto the platform. The hat was placed on his head and a rather interesting conversation began.

'Well Mr. Holmes aren't you fascinating, but where to put you.'

I already know where I want to go and you better place me there.

'Are you're sure? Your talents could be very useful somewhere else. Perhaps Slytherin?'

No.

'Hmm, you're reasoning is rather sentimental isn't it? You could be great there.'

You already know why I have chosen that house.

'No use changing your mind? However Mr. Potter it seems you do well in,'

"RAVENCLAW!"