0.31

chapter 31 

 "you sure he wasn't just being weird pope?" jj asks as he puts some food into plastic bags. 

from the other side of the counter kiara shakes her head, grabbing food from the restaurant's fridge before turning to jj. 

"it wasn't really the kind of thing that needed interpretation" kiara huffs out, handing the food to jj. 

"is that going to be enough food for them?" india asks, looking at the bags in front of them. 

"for a couple of weeks, yeah, and that's all they need, so..." jj trails off, swinging his backpack on his shoulder before walking over to india. 

his hands goes to rest on the sides of her waist as he stops behind her, looking at kiara. 

"look, i think i actually hurt his feelings" kiara confesses, looking from india to jj. 

"kie, don't beat yourself up. he's just getting over it. he'll be fine" india replies, smiling at her. 

jj nods in agreement, his chin resting on the top of india's head as he looks at kiara. "he's completely changed his feels. the past 24 hours have been like jekyll and hyde" 

he lets go of india's waist and grabs the box in front of them, which is filled with food for john b. 

the trio starts walking out of the restaurant, india going behind kiara while jj follows behind her. 

"i hate to admit it, but i miss the old pope" kiara tells them as she walks down the restaurant stairs. 

jj doesn't say anything as he places the box of food on the trunk of the car. he agreed with her. this summer, pope had turned into another person. 

india walks up to him, giving him a sweet kiss on the cheek before taking off his cap and putting it on herself. 

jj laughs, pulling her close to him. 

"i love you so much you know that" he mutters as he presses a kiss to her lips. 

india pulls back, smiling at him. 

"yeah, i know" she separates herself from him as if it was no big deal and turns to the box of food, leaving jj with a shocked expression. 

"no 'i love you' back?" jj questions, looking at her. 

india shakes her head, trying to compress a smile. "nope" 

jj rolls his eyes as he shuts the trunk of the car. 

"you are so gonna pay for that later" he mutters. 

the pair turns to look as kiara's mom walks up, an angry look on her face. 

"where you been?" she asks to kiara, her tone concerned and on edge. 

kiara looks at her, frowning. "uh-- i'm fine. i slept here" she motions back to the restaurant. 

kiaras mom chuckles darkly "well, we were up half the night, scared to death, looking for you" she tells her daughter. "were you even gonna tell us?!" she shouts out, starting to get angrier.