Piano

I was looking at the distribution centre like I did almost every day at that time, the sun had set but the dinner rations hadn't been distributed yet, and I was in my shift, along with Gina and Raven. I was going through nails and screws, separating them by type and shape, while tried to remember exactly how things were going to happen. After 3 months of complete freedom in that world, not having to think about the timeline, it was getting harder and harder to recall the timeline and most importantly my real life. Well, my old life, because this was my real life now, my friends, my new family.

"Not so fast." I heard Raven say.

I looked at her, trying to understand what was going on and I saw her grabbing a boy's arm, trying to stop him from stealing something, and then I looked at the boy. It was Shawn Mendes, that much I remembered. But I knew that wasn't his name there, for some reason I knew his name was Macallan, maybe I knew him on the Ark and some part of my brain knew that.

"I say we float him," Gina said while getting closer. Their serious face made me laugh a bit, they seemed to be actually scaring the poor boy.

"Come on. What do you guys want for it?" He asked while playing with a bracelet that I assumed was what he tried to steal.

Raven looked at us before answering she wanted one song.

"I'm not sure that's a good idea," I said before he could answer or move. "You know some people still feel like this is not ours..." I tried.

"You mean, Jasper. And he is not here." Raven looked at me while rushing Macallan to go play the song. "We can't live in fear of offending Jasper," Raven told me.

"I know..." I sighed. "I should go back to work."

I started separating the stuff again, while listening to the music, looking at the door every few seconds to make sure I could stop Jasper when he entered.

"You were right. I am spread too thin." I couldn't help but overheard Abby's voice, near Raven, which made me focus on their conversation.

"I'm still not having the operation." I heard Raven saying, which made me even more curious. Operation? I didn't remember an operation, I remembered Raven being tortured over and over again, something I was going to try the hardest I could to stop.

"Raven that's..." Abby started but Raven stopped her.

"Are you here as my chancellor? Or my doctor? Because I don't want to talk to one of you." Raven said.

"I'm here as your friend."

"Hey, come on, let's have a drink. Enough work today" Gina told me while grabbing some bottle and starting to walk towards Raven and Abby. I smiled, got up and followed her.

"Good. Now shut up and drink." Raven said, looking at Abby and then focusing on the music, and so did the rest of us. It was a way calmer version of the song we had heard earlier on the Rover.

We stood there for a while, just enjoying that moment. I looked at the door and saw Jasper getting in, which made Raven and I get up, as quickly as possible.

"Shit..." I muttered.

"Hey. Hey. Relax." Raven tried.

Jasper ignored her and kept walking towards a man with blankets in his hands, making me  follow him.

"Jasper, wait," I said, trying to stop him.

"These belong to people." He said to the man taking the blankets away, ignoring my attempts to stop him.

Raven joined me, trying to calm him.

"So did that piano," Jasper said and I tried to grab him, knowing what was coming next but he managed to get away, pushing me. "A bunch of grave robbers!" He screamed before attacking poor Shawn, I mean Macallan.

In no time I was trying to grab Jasper again since he was hitting him. I managed to get him up, away from him but that didn't stop the boy to punch Jasper back.

"Was that really necessary?" I asked Jasper, that was now being grabbed by someone else, who was stronger than me and could actually stop him from moving. He gave me a mean look.

"Enough!" Abby screamed, making everyone stay still.

Whoever was grabbing both Jasper let him go, and Finn, who was holding Macallan, did the same, cautiously to make sure they wouldn't start fighting again.

"I'll walk him to his room," I said, about Jasper and grabbing his arm, starting to pull him out of there.

"What the hell do you think you are doing?" He asked as we arrived in the corridor.

"Trying to save you from yourself," I answered as pulled him.

"I don't need that."

I stopped, turning to him. "Jasper, please. Doing this won't bring her back."

"Don't." He said, almost in a threatening tone.

"Making everyone including yourself miserable won't help. Being numb won't help." I was looking into his eyes, trying to comfort him somehow. "You are here, you are alive, you have the chance to do better, to be better than those who hurt you."

"Whatever, (Y/N)." He said, but I could see tears in his eyes. He started walking faster, towards his room, I guessed. "Don't bother following me, I don't need a babysitter."

A/N

First of all, I'm so sorry it took me so long, as most of you might have read in the last chapter my laptop broke and I lost a bunch of stuff including the password of this account but I finally got it back. This weekend I wasn't able to post the new chapter but here it is. Okay, some warning now, we're all going through some hard times and being stuck inside is not the greatest thing ever so I might take a while to update but I will try my best to do so 3 times a week. 

I wanted to thank you all for keep reading this and for all the support and the comments, I read all of them and sometimes I go back and reread them because they make me so happy, to know people actually enjoy my work.

I love you all so much, please stay safe and stay inside. See you next chapter.

P.S. Would you guys like to see Shawn Mendes character more? Instead of just disapearing?