45

The silence in the car on the way to my house was almost painful. The weight of what my mother and Dave wanted to do to me was causing pressure in my chest. And the fact that they were doing it to Landon too made my stomach sick.

Fox's hands tightly gripped the steering wheel, his jaw set and tense.

"This is so fucked up," I muttered, running my hand through my hair.

"I wish they would just leave you the fuck alone," he snapped, gripping the wheel even tighter. "They've put you through enough."

"It's Dave," I told him, leaning my head on the window. "He puts these thoughts in her head and she just agrees."

Fox let out a heavy breath through his nose.

"He is the devil," he muttered, shaking his head as we pulled up to my house.

I moved to get out of the car, noticing Fox wasn't following me.

"Aren't you coming?" I asked in confusion.

"Your dad hates me," he reminded me, his eyebrows raised.

I rolled my eyes at him, walking around the car and opening his door. I pulled on his arm, causing Fox to unbuckle his seatbelt and allow me to drag him out of the car.

I pulled him close, wrapping my arm around his waist and giving him a slow kiss. My arm tightened around him as I walked him backwards, closing the door and leaning him against the car.

Fox brought his hand to the back of my head, pushing my face closer to his and tangling his fingers in my hair.

We finally pulled apart when a car beeped loudly at us. I jumped away, my heart hammering in my chest at the sound. My face hardened when I realized it had been Josh who had just driven by and pulled into the driveway.

Josh waved with a sarcastic smile as he got out of the car. Fox flipped him off, a deadpanned look on his face, before the two of us walked up to the house behind him.

"Are you guys going to be one of those couples now?" Josh asked he opened the front door, glancing back at us.

"You jealous?" Fox retorted, following him into the house.

Josh sent him a look of disgust.

"Boys?" Mindy called out before Josh could reply.

We followed her voice into the kitchen where Ava and all her friends were sitting around the table eating lunch. The girls whispered and giggled to each other while glancing at the three of us. Ava and Fawn shook their heads at them.

"Are you boys hungry?" Mindy asked as she washed her hands at the sink. "I made lunch."

Fox, Josh, and I sat down at the table with the girls as they continued whispering what I could only assume was about us. Ava's friends eventually got picked up by their parents so that the only one left was Fawn.

"What did you guys do last night?" I asked the two girls, taking a bite out of my sandwich.

"What did you do last night?" Ava retorted, earning a laugh from Fawn.