33

*・゚゚・*:

*・゚゚・*:.。..。.:*゚:*:✼✿✿✼:*゚:.。..。.:*・゚゚・*

   Everything is bathed in red.

   From my red dress, all the way to the deep orange sun that bathes the world in its light one last time before setting on the end of another day. The way his pink lips look deep maroon amongst the golden sky transforms the rest of my world red.

   He is my world. Harry is everything I never had, from a kind heart to a radiant confidence that I can feel bleeding from his soul into mine with every connection of those heart shaped red lips against mine. Tonight, everything I never had, I'm showing off.

   There's something so beautiful about a city in the dark. Despite the hustle and bustle of nightlife speeding down the roads to get to the next party or even to simply get home after a long day at work, there's something so tranquil about it.

   Blinding headlights and bright gleams of yellow light from the surrounding city collide together, making tiny manmade sparkles appear across the horizon in the distance while the moon shines down along with the millions of silver twinkling stars that it shares the sky with.

   However, when all of that goes away, the people stumbling home in a stupor and turning off their lights, silence plagues the streets, providing peace and quiet for only a few hours out of the twenty-four we're graced with in a day, but still silence nonetheless. 

   It's moments like these, driving around aimlessly and way too fast, witnessing the slow progression of nighttime from beautiful hustle and bustle to absolute stillness.

   The top is down on Harry's vintage white Mercedes, and the cool Los Angeles air during the month of January bites at my shoulders. An old lover's hippie music plays quietly on the radio as the wheels of the car spin, winding up the canyon as the bright moon resting within the purple sky breaks through my hair.

    From all the way out here, the city is nothing but a ball of light that acts as a beacon in the darkness surrounding us despite Harry's headlights. Stars in the sky appear bigger and brighter without the yellow mask of the city to shield their beauty.

   Looking over at Harry with a smile, happiness overtakes my entire being as I reach down and crank up the volume, screaming out into the empty night with my hands raising into the air to feel the wind blow throw my fingers, voice echoing off the canyon walls as we climb higher and higher.

   I've never been happier in my entire life than I have been while spending the past two months with Harry, and everyone in my life has taken notice. My mother has told me a few times that I always seem to be glowing, and right now I can almost feel what she sees. Every square inch of my body feels like it's floating, jittery with joy that matches the dark purple and blue hues of the world around me.

   I'm heading for something that I know I won't forget, too scared of living a life full of regrets.

   As we near the top of the canyon, I feel Harry's eyes on me, yet when I turn to look at him, the boy tries to act as if he wasn't, wind whistling through his curls as he puts the car in park and pretends to stare at the large full moon.