Prologue

I remember when I would sometimes imagine breathing without gills.
     Who could imagine? And moving with two legs, those two fins humanics use to walk.
     Ha what a thought. I do not think I would regret my decision, I just wish I knew what I caused sooner.
     I did not want to cause harm to him any longer, so here I was. Now those memories of what happened there and then wash over me like a tear from the ocean's lullaby...
~°°°~

      I live free. I live beneath the surface of the ocean. Where dolphins whistle and fish play. Where pearls shine and clams glow. Where humans never stray in. I never thought I would leave the ocean. It started one day when I was a young mermaid. I have to say 1-2-0-0-0 meris was the age it all started.

...

      "Miracine the ocean is not a place to play. Stray too long and you will be lost. But the ocean is as beautiful as any gem you ever seen. Lights and an unknown world." A voice stopped me and I turned around to see the azure older mermaid.
       "Just be careful, you will never know what you will find. I know your old enough to go there, but I am still not sure." I sighed.

       We been over this several times. She keeps on changing her mind.
       One minute, she decides to allow me to actually see the world for once and the next I am doomed to stay here forever.
       Not to mention how my brother recently gave up his Birth rights to me.  He was blessed first, but he gave them to me and I have no idea how to become an excellent ruler either.
    He was the one who took all the extra courses and studies to become King, but now I suppose I need to do that myself.

      Regardless of everything on my mind, I told her "I'm sure it will be fine, Azurine. I gone outside this village once the other day with my brother. We had a fun time singing together. And he goes outside the village all the time."

      I just want to see more of it and whenever I do go I am constantly being watched by those elders people like I'm going to explode and do something drastic.
     I can't explode, can I?

     I only dreaded one thing, and it was that my brother have not return from searching the human's treasure a few days ago.

     I wanted him to be with me on this day, oh well. But I couldn't wait. Today was the day.  The big day. The day my fins grew and would not slow me down anymore.
      Where I could go to any water consuming place without getting stranded.
      Where my speed would be fast as water jets. Where pearls grew on my tail to allow me to swim faster.

      Here I go. I spread my fins and the current threw me out.

    "Miracine! Wait." I heard Azurine call after me, but it was too late. The current was already pulling me into the great sea.

     And to be fair, I honestly did not care. I was going to spread my fins and swim away. "Miracine!" She called again. "Be careful of the...." Her voice got drowned in the ocean.

     "What?"I yelled.

     "Be warned if you go close to the...." I never caught what she said.  "The words of the mermaid were lost with the current.

    What was Azurine going to say? Is Azurine just telling me to be careful? Be careful of what?

    I shook my head and dismissed that thought. It is probably nothing.
    Oh well, she will tell me when I come back.

    If only I just knew it would became my biggest dream and biggest mistake.

     In the deep blue sea, I was exploring the seas and places I never seen.