Chapter 14 - Olivia

"This is your house?" Beck's eyes bug out of his head.

"Yeah," I laugh and look at it, trying to see what he sees. It's a big house but Dad customized it to be that way. He bought all this land for our family's privacy so not only is our house here, but so is the live in-gym, the back pool, and the theatre room. Anything that would make it easier than going in public and not be bombarded by people. I know people would consider this a "rich lifestyle" but it's honestly a hidden lifestyle. We don't get to share the world with everyone else so we had to make our own here. Doesn't mean I don't appreciate growing up financially stable. Above all I'm just glad I was always loved.

"Insane," Beck whispers. "Are you sure I'm not intruding? Your family and extended family are a big deal. I'm just...me."

"You're my friend and a damn good one, Beck. It's definitely fine."

Beck and I have gotten a lot closer this past month. He spends a lot of time with Grace and I and sometimes Alex joins too. Because we know the best hockey players at BU, we essentially know the whole school. Beck has been a saving grace through it all, making sure anyone who talks shit about me is put in place. The rumours about me have long since vanished and I'm in the company of good people. I think it helped that I haven't talked to Lucas at all, save for a couple weeks ago. I thought I would give it one more shot since he was having a breakdown — or so Zack said when he called me and told me to come to his dad's gym — but all Lucas did was act like a royal ass. I shouldn't have expected any differently. So now we're back to being strangers but that's fine because I don't need him.

I smile at Beck now and he smiles back. We agreed to stay friends but I don't know. I only said that to him because of the weirdness between Lucas and I and I didn't want to entertain two guys at once. But Lucas hasn't been in my life at all and based on our fight two weeks ago, it's likely to stay that way. Now it's just Beck and I think I'm starting to really like him. I invited him to dinner on a whim when he told me he'd be spending thanksgiving alone. His parents' friend got sick so they had to fly out to Seattle to visit. His little sister got invited to a sleepover so it would just be him. I couldn't imagine someone spending thanksgiving alone when I always celebrate with my humongous and crazy family so I asked him to tag along. I was pleasantly surprised when he said yes.

"Are you sure your dad won't kick my ass?" Beck asks when I enter the pass code to the house.

"Dad's super friendly. He might be overprotective but as long as you're good people he's the sweetest," I assure him and lead him inside, closing the gates behind me. We walk down the short pathway to the house and I put my key in the door, unlocking it. I call out a hearty, "I'm home!"

Nobody hears me. It's already chaotic. There's people everywhere running around and trying to get everything done in time. Kids are screaming and fighting and the adults are yelling at them to calm down. My uncles are being knuckleheads as usual, sparring and fighting because they can't rest for one damn second. I look over at Beck apologetically and cringe at his unhinged jaw.

"Yeah...I should have warned you better," I close his mouth and he finally looks at me.

"I, um, I think I'm having a fanboy moment. This is embarrassing," He gulps and looks around the living room. "Holy fuck, it's them. All of the original Fighter's Den boxers."

"It's them," I confirm. "Feel free to say hi. They're sweet."

"They look like they can break me in half and dip me in garlic sauce, Liv."

"Oh, relax. They're a bunch of teddy bears."

"It's not happening."

"Baby," I tease. "Come on. You can meet my parents first then."