Chapter 11: Iceland

Chapter 11:

Rina sighed deeply as she looked out the car window. Something had been bothering her but she didn't know why it did.

"What?" Mina raised an eyebrow.

"Why do you think Mizuki said that about me and Kageyama?" Rina asked as she crossed her arms.

"What thing?" Her sister replied.

"That she thought I liked him!" She exclaimed, pouting slightly.

"I don't know. You guys seem close." Mina shrugged, wondering if there truly was something going on between her sister and Kageyama.

"We're friendly with each other." Rina mumbled quietly. 

Besides, she liked and wanted to date Sugawara, not Kageyama.

As soon as they arrived at school, Mina was immediately surrounded by other first-years and even some upper-classmen. She had always been popular because she was pretty, intelligent, and gave off a "cool and mysterious" vibe. She was also very gifted when it came to playing musical instruments and other sports.

Rina branched off from her sister and headed to her classroom to look for Hinata. He borrowed her notebook after he had accidentally spilled soda on his notes the other night. As she approached, she overheard her two classmates, who she thought were becoming her friends, gossip about her.

"Rina-chan is so annoying."

"Right?"

"Why does she have to be in our class?"

Rina gripped her phone in her hand tightly. She remained still as she listened in on their conversation.

"We just have to be friendly to her so that she'll buy us nice, expensive gifts."

"It'll be hard but so worth it."

Rina felt her throat close and her eyes water. She thought she was genuinely becoming friends with the girls in her class. She tried her best to be cheery, positive, and welcoming to them.

"I hope you're not talking about Rina from your class." A familiar voice called out.

"Eh? Who are you?" One of them asked.

"That's Kageyama Tobio, from class 3..." Rina's other classmate mentioned.

"It's sad that you two are so jealous of her." He continued as Rina watched him criticize them.

"We-we are not jealous of her!" They yelled out simultaneously.

"Sure." He sneered before walking towards her. As soon as he turned the corner, she tried to play it off as if she hadn't been listening the whole time. She knew that she couldn't hide it when she noticed that her face had reddened from crying.

Kageyama stared at her for a second before grabbing her hand. "Let's go."

The two made their way down the stairs as Rina wiped away the tears from her face. She knew that Kageyama would definitely tease her the more she cried and she did not want that. She had no choice as she followed him around the hallways. Soon, the two reached the gymnasium, where they were finally alone.

"How much did you hear?" Kageyama asked her, handing her a drink.

"I didn't hear anything," She shrugged as she attempted to smile, "I was crying because I saw this really sad video of a puppy who couldn't be adopted because it had three legs... Isn't that sad?"