Chapter 14 ~ Reunited

Agent 3's (Sarah's) P.O.V:

"This is it.."

I thought to myself, bracing for impact.

All I could think about in that moment were flashbacks of Mike and I.

Meeting for the first time. Him moving in with me. Showing him around. Teaching him how things worked here in Inkopolis. Playing Turf War/Ranked Matches with him. Getting closer. Becoming close and best friends. Mike accompanying me in the Splatoon. Confessing our love towards each other. Having our first kiss. Going on our dates. Cuddling together. Laughing together. But the thing I miss most of all...

..is seeing him smile genuinely happy with his crimson red eyes.

I love him. I love Mike so much, it hurts me seeing him like this. I know that even though he's about to splat me right here and now, I'll love him to the end. No other guy has ever caught my eye like he did. No one else cared or loved me as much as he did. No one else made me feel as safe and special as he did. That's just who Mike is. An incredible Octoling, an adorable octopus, a very kind and loving soul.

I just didn't want to hurt him, and I still don't.

Even though it brought me to this point.

I closed my eyes, feeling my tears stream down my cheek and stayed there in the darkness, waiting for his attack and its impact.

I heard his arm come down fast, but stopped suddenly.

Hesitantly, I opened my eye just enough to take a look in front of me, my curiosity wondering why I had not been hit yet.

Mike was there in front of me, yes, but his roller...hovered above me. He was still holding it, but his arm was trembling...as if he was resisting?

His facial expression that was originally an evil grin...changed. His mouth twitched, from wanting to grin, but wanting to cry, gritting his teeth.

"M-Mike...?" I asked, now standing up nervously and looking him in the eyes.

Agent 8's (Mike's) P.O.V:

*Meanwhile*

"No..! I am not letting you do that!" I yelled firmly, really getting pissed off now.

"You don't even remember who she is or what her name is.."

"I don't care! That inkling right in front of me...is someone special. I can feel it. And I can't just let myself kill her."

This built of rage and fear, with the mix of adrenaline built up in me, gave me strength once again. Quickly, I got up from the floor and punched with my own right hook. He groaned in pain and lost his balance, dropping his weapon in the process. Thinking fast, I turned into my octopus form, turned around, and proceeded to grab my roller once again. At this point, he was stumbling back, holding his left cheek in pain. This was my chance.

"I will not let you kill them! Especially not...Sarah!"

The brainwashed me turned his head in surprise, staring at me charging at him with my roller. I was surprised myself. Where did that name come from?

"H-How do you remember that?"

With a swing and a splash of ink, I hit him in the chest sending him back again. Though to my surprise, his armor didn't break.

"Maybe because the name is so engraved into me, you simply can't remove it!"

I slashed at him again, splashing a huge amount of ink on him. This time his armor shattered, the red sparks igniting all over. "But you shouldn't be able to remember anything about them!"

"Unlike any of you Octarian soldiers, I've learned how to be happy, how to love, so if you think you can just erase those memories, you're mistaken."

"10008...!" He yelled, clearly getting pissed at me.

"Get."

I pulled my arm back.

"Out."

I put as much force as I can, my roller getting closer to him.

"Of my head!"

With a swift swing, the brainwashed me was splatted. I stared as his body slowly faded away and disappeared. The once dark void, turned back into a bright, white one.

I broke free.

Agent 3's (Sarah's) P.O.V:

I stood in front of him, staring at his conflicted expression. His twitching mouth had now turned into a small smile, not an evil one, but a kind one.

"M-Mike?" I asked once again.

The goggles that he had been wearing stopped glowing red, only one of them completely off, while the other was flicking on and off. From what I could tell...it was malfunctioning.

He dropped his roller suddenly, and lifted his hand up slowly to his face. Slowly, his goggles came off easily, revealing his crimson red eyes that I had not been able to see for the longest time.

"S-Sarah..."

He whispered softly, his voice breaking a bit and his eyes forming tears. Mine only flowed even more, with the biggest smile I've ever had.

"MIKE!" I exclaimed happily, practically throwing myself onto him. I threw my arms around his neck, giving him the tightest and biggest hug I have ever given him. I embraced him tightly, crying and burrowing myself into his neck. He did the same back, pulling me close by the waist, also crying into me.

"God, I was so afraid...I missed you Mike."

"I-I...missed you too..."

We pulled apart for a moment, our eyes flowing with tears and gently pressed our lips together.

I'd never thought that I would miss someone and their touch so much as I did with Mike. I giggled happily as we kissed once again.

We pulled apart again, hugging each other again, but Mike gently pulled me away. I was so focused on him, I wasn't paying attention to our surroundings.

"Hey, Sarah? Do you mind turning into your squid form?"

I stared at him confused, before I complied, turning into my squid form and being caught in his arms.

Agent 8's (Mike's) P.O.V:

I was extremely happy being able to hold Sarah again, my beloved inkling, but as much as I want to love her for as long as we can, we weren't in the clear just yet.

I instructed Sarah to super jump away and assist the others in any way she could quickly. Sarah listened to me, and super jumped away.

As fast as possible, I turned around with my roller and swung at the giant metal fist from DJ Octavio's Octobot King II that approached me.

I reflected his fist back, getting a hit on his machine.

Time to get my revenge.

A.N. And with that, Agent 8 is back to normal! This story has been really fun to write so far! Enjoy this reunion of these two!

Word Count: 1125