➸ in the world full of black and white, we were grey

It’s 8 pm, the night seems subtle dark, and moon seems to be shiniest of all days. The cool wind falls on my soft curls as I open the lonely window which have a crack on side of its glass. Certainly the songs of my past, they started playing on repeat, in my head.

These songs, they have painfully beautiful ; verses, containing all my mistakes, and reminding me of my regrets

These songs, they have painfully beautiful ; verses, containing all my mistakes, and reminding me of my regrets. These songs, they hold the stories of all the, unsaid words, un-shed tears, and unfulfilled wishes. Mind starts boggling on the fact  how everybody is too focused on black and white. They forget grey exists. When you’re not happy, you’re sad. When you don’t speak, you’re shy. When you love indie, you hate metal. When you don’t do anything, you’re lazy. When you don’t have good grades, you’re stupid. When you have one good friend, you’re not popular. When you wear makeup, you’re insecure. When you’re fat, you eat too much. When you’re staying home, you’re boring. When you cut, you’re an attention seeker. When you’re always smiling, you have a good life. When you’re drinking too much, you’re pathetic.

We should stop focusing on this

We should stop focusing on this. You don’t have to fit in. You don’t have to be part of something. You don’t have to label yourself. That only limits your perspectives. Learn to be you. Hop from one music genre to another, change from sad to happy. You can love a lot of things without staying in the line. Go out of your comfort zone. Explore other dimensions. Open your eyes.

And just like this illuminating night; don’t be black or white; be grey.