ii. AGELESS

CHAPTER TWO - AGELESS
[ DECEMBER 11, 1991 ]

(Y/N) always felt as though she was lonely, she had loads of people in her life, and she loved them all dearly, but there was always something missing. The person in front of her sung the final lyrics of Happy Birthday were a little too loudly which starled the crap out of her, and she tried to focus.

No more day dreaming, she promised herself and smiled half-heartedly as she watched her older siblings, Hailey and Jonathan, blow out the candles of their birthday cake, simultaneously, clapping her hands a little too enthusiastically.

Her eyes followed the movements of the people beside the birthday celebrants, George Dane and Eloise (L/N), George was holding his and Hailey's first-born son, Everett, side-hugged Hailey, who in turn, pecked the underside of his jaw. The latter, Eloise, kissed Jon's cheek—giggling.

It wasn't that (Y/N) hated her siblings' soulmates, per se. She was just jealous of their relationship, quite petty of her, she knows, but she couldn't help it.

George and Hailey had met through their love for theatre, a decade ago. Jon and Eloise through work. George was thirty years old, and he was probably one of the nicest and humblest person in the world, quite a stark contrast to her sister who was quite the character.

Jon, her dear old brother, was the most annoying man (Y/N) has ever met, just thinking about him often made her feel angry. She felt so bad for Eloise who has to deal with Jon's shinanegans for the rest of her life, the poor woman just turned twenty-nine, (Y/N) shed a tear for all the hardships Eloise has to endure with a soulmate with a brain of a monkey.

Her siblings turned forty today, and it was showing. They stood proud next to their significant others, hair slowly turning gray, soon they'd have wrinkles and forget their names.

And here she was at thirty-four years old, but despite that, she looked like she was barely eighteen, she still hadn't met her soulmate. Frowning slightly, she leaned against table beside her, eying the delicious christmas themed cookies their mum had baked for the twin's birthday.

(Y/N)'s hand absently went up to trace the tattoo etched on her forearm, her soulmate liked theatre, given the fact that the two masks were a symbol of theathre. George and Hailey were absolutely enthused, excited to bring another thespian into the family, she smiled ruefully. (Y/N) dropped her hand and picked up her glass of eggnog, taking a long drink of it as she watched people socialize.

Soulmates. She thought, wistfully.

It was always a bedtime story parents told their children. When the souls split long ago, everyone was born with half a soul. The story had been changed so many times through the generations, the origins had been lost. All anyone knew was that they were born with one-half of their souls, and they were to find the other half.

Their soulmate.

So that everyone could live a long and happy life with their soulmate—that is if you hadn't met them by the age of eighteen, you stopped ageing. Ageing began again, only when the souls came together. Signs the souls had rejoined? Sparks. There would be a feeling of electricity that came between the two people through direct contact.