Part 3: The Pineapple Problem - Chapter 1

Lockdown on London Lane is now a print book! Grab yours today! 

What's up, guys! Before we dive on in to the third part of Lockdown on London Lane I just wanted to say a HUGE thank you to everyone who's been reading, commenting, voting and sharing. It blows my mind that this already has over 50,000 reads! (Especially when that was my 'pie-in-the-sky' dream kind of number for the whole book... Just wow!)

I've been reading all your comments, and loving them. It really means a lot to me.

Anyway, that's enough from me. Here's the bit of the story I know you'll ALL have an opinion on... THE PINEAPPLE PROBLEM. 

Let's just set the record straight right now:

I'm not crazy.

I'm not, typically, an impulsive person. I like to think things through, understand where they're going and how I'll get there. 'Plan' is maybe a little strong, but I like to at least have an idea of a plan. I like to consider consequences.

It's safer that way.

It doesn't mean you don't make mistakes; it just means you were prepared for them and aren't caught totally off guard if (or when) shit does hit the fan.

I also don't consider myself hot-headed. It's not like I don't get angry: I'm just pretty good at keeping a lid on my temper and managing the situation. I can be snappy, sure, but I don't just lose it.

I am also not prone to flights of spontaneity.

End of.

I didn't used to understand how people couldn't think things through, or just lived in the moment like that.

It used to drive me nuts when I was first dating Zach, but it gradually became one of the things I loved most about him. The way he'd show up on my doorstep after work and announce he'd made us a picnic and come on, we were going to the park for the evening; when he booked us a weekend in Edinburgh for my birthday without telling me until we got to the airport, having packed a bag for me and picked me up from work. (He forgot to pack me any bras or mascara, but I forgave him pretty quickly for that.)

He's easy-going and always seems to believe things will just work themselves out.

It's not like I'm a pessimist, or anything, but I always feel like I have to work to make something happen. Zach's the kind of guy that shows up at the shopping centre at peak time instead of leaving early to beat the rush, yet just happens across a prime parking spot right near the doors. He actually won a grand on a scratch-card, last year.

It took me a little while, sure, but I came to see this as a good thing.

They always say opposites attract, and we did.