28. Love birds.

It was late in the night, the dark room was filled by the partial moonlight it was receiving from the huge window. As if adding more beauty to it Arjuna stood in front of it looking lost. Pain seeped through Chitra's heart seeing him like this.

She slowly walked towards him and hugged him from behind, pressing her front to his firm back as her hands lay on his waist. Noticing her presence he took her hand and kissed on her knuckles, pulling her forward to face him.

She placed her hand on his cheek rubbing it slowly trying to comfort him, he bent his head in her palm leaning into her peaceful touch.

" I feel so shameful, Chitra." He said as emotion was swirling in his eyes.

" I gave into my emotions and lost my rational thinking. I hit Vikram! If you wouldn't have stopped me who knows I might have killed-"

She pressed her hand to his mouth, " Don't talk like that! That moment was out of your control but not this moment. You can rectify your mistake now, it's not too late Arjuna."

He nodded his head but pulled her close by her waist looking in her eyes, " I know that you know something more than me, what is it?"

" Nandhini loves Vikram " Chitra blurted it out " But I wanted Nandhini or Vikram to tell you about their love but the situation got out of hand when Vikram decided to give up on their relationship. "

Arjuna's blood boiled with anger, " How dare he reject my sister! Let Nandhini recover, I will see to it that he marries my sister! "

Listening to that Chitra burst into a fit of laughter. Her laugh filled the empty chambers as she clutched her stomach laughing hard.

After laughing she put her hands around his neck, " Vikram would faint if he hears this sentence from your mouth."

Smiling, she moved forward and pressed her lips to his. Their slow kiss turned into a passionate one as they fell to the bed making love all night as they happily lay content in each other's arms.

* * *

Vikram sat down on the dirty ground as his back was pressed to the iron gills of the dungeon.

It has been a week since the incident has happened. There was no news about Nandhini, which means she must be doing well.

Did the royal wedding take place? Was Nandhini married after she recovered?

He closed his eyes trying to picture her beautiful laughing face but instead he saw a Nandhini crying, holding his collar.

Tears flowed down his face as he hit his head to the grills in pain. He lost her, forever.

His cries came to a halt as he smelled something sweet, he turned around to find Nandhini running towards his cell.

Was imagining this? Thank god Nandhini looked better like this.

She opened the lock and came inside and stood in front of him,

"Nandhini. " He said, " You look so beautiful in this imagination than the others."

" I am real stupid! I had to break into this dungeon using my princess card for you."

Smiling, she ran her finger through his busted lip. But soon her beautiful smile disappeared.

She asked angrily, "Why are you doing this Vikram? Why! Should I just die for real this time?"

" No! Nandhini please! I can't live without you! Never."

" You love me?" She asked.

" I do, more than my life! More than anything! "

" Then marry me! " She said, holding this hand.

He noticed the cloth wrapped around her hand, " Does it still hurt? "

" Stop trying to divert my attention and answer me. "

For the first time, Vikram decided to speak the truth, if not now, never. " I am a low bron Nandhini, I have no family but you are a princess. No one would accept our relationship, no one might respect you anymore, we might be banished from our kingdom!" His voice broke at the end.

" You know why I have attempted suicide? It's because I thought I lost your love and respect for me! If anything, it's only you and my family who matters for me Vikram, when will you understand that?"

" I understand it now." He said moving close towards her.

" What?" She asked puzzled.

" We will fight together Nandhini, I was scared before, but now, losing you scares me more."

He looked in her eyes, his eyes filled with love.

" Gosh! My neck is hurting from this angle." She complained, blushing slightly.

He moved backwards, moving away from her and asked, " Now ?"

Nandhini smacked her head loudly," I should hit myself for expecting some romance from you! "

" What did I do now?" He asked, confusion lacing his voice.

She walked forward and stood close to him, " When I say my neck is hurting from this position," she paused talking, taking his hands and placed them around her waist, " You lift me up by my waist and kiss me you stupid warrior!"

His laughter boomed in that empty cell as he lifted her off the ground by her waist and placed a small peck on her lips.

" All good now?" He asked, smiling as his eyes twinkled.

" Oh god, you are worse at everything other than fighting!" Saying she pulled him close and kissed him hard, knocking the life out of him.

---------

So yeah our love birds look all happy don't they? Even I am very happy to see Vikram and Nandhini together!

Will this happiness last forever?

And also I have updated my other book too! Do check it out ♥️

Your comments and votes never fail to make me smile!! I love you guys ❤️❤️
But oh my Silent readers! Please please Vote and comment!!

So, come on everybody! Tap this pretty star !! Atleast for my efforts to update daily! 🌟