20. TRANSFORMATION

Hey Lovelies!! I'm back again. Before starting the story, a biiiiggggg thanks for all who loved this story till here. I'm so excited that this story has hit 5.4K+ reads and 550+votes. I know there is nothing new in the story. Still I feel so much loved. Thanks a lot, a lot and a lot.

Actually, I'm feeling terrible in connecting the dots which is making realize what kind of a writer I'm. Hehehe...

Well, had enough bak-bak. Here's the next part

___________

About three weeks later

The morning prayer marked start of another day; Swara's voice echoed in Maheswari Mansion. The whole family was present there wishing for their long lost happy days to be back.

Behind Swara stood Ragini, her eyes closed, her lips pursed in a straight line with folded hands, a pinch of kumkum adorned the tip of her hairline and a bunch of keys hanged on her saree at her waist. As she opened her eyes, it emitted confidence and authority unlike her; her face deprived of any emotions.

The family dined together for breakfast and later Laksh, Swara and Uttara departed together for office and college respectively. A disturbing nonchalance filled the Maheswari Mansion as others disbursed to their rooms.

**

"I'm still waiting for your words, Ragz." Sanskar sighed on seeing Ragini arranging his files robotically.

Ragini's hands paused for a moment; she shifted her gaze to Sanskar who stood beside her as if he lost a battle. "About what, Sanskar? I don't think anything was left in between." She replied calmly resuming her work.

"Seriously?" Sanskar's eyes pierced into Ragini's as he kneeled down before her and made her face him. "You really think nothing is left to speak now? For how many days will these continue? I'm fed up of your silence."

Ragini felt a thorn pricking her heart as Sankar's eyes glistened with a layer of tear. "I'm not being silent. Aren't we conversing normally? And regarding the changes, it's the best way to be, I think."

"IMPOSSIBLE!" Laksh almost yelled.

"It had been already made possible, Devarji." A slight smirk adorned Ragini's face. "No use of yelling, other than loss of energy."

The Maheswaris, except Durgaprasad and Ragini, were dumbfounded by the sudden turn of events.

"From today, I will decide what to be done and when." Ragini said in a neutral tone in contrast to the usual Ragini's demeanor. "I have made some changes in working hours. Sanskar will be working only half past four in the evening."

"Mine is till seven, Ragz." Sanskar tried to budge Ragini's words.

"It WAS! Now it is 4.30. Adarsh Bhai's is till half past 5 and the rest, that is, Bade Papa, Papa, Laksh and Swara can work till seven. And yeah, Swara will be joining office from tomorrow."

"But I don't want to join office now, Ragini." Swara retaliated softly.

"You are joining Swara and that's final. Uttara, get ready to college. You're getting late. Sanskar will pick you back from college."

The file placed on his hand brought Sanskar out of his reverie. "It's not. Ragz, we know that you're disturbed. We all want to know what is bothering you, and then only we can help you. Please, understand the matter. I trust you, but you need to share your worries with me. Your sudden change, this cold behavior; do you think we all believe that you procured the property to rule on all?"