Chapter Twenty-Three

Jihyo's PoV

"I think it's better if only one of us will go inside," Jeongyeon suggested while we are all in the kitchen.

Jeongyeon and Momo just finished cooking our lunch. And since we know Y/N didn't eat yet, we prepared her something to eat.

"You want to do it?" I asked Nayeon.

As much as we all want to check on Y/N, we think it's much better if only one person will go first.

"Okay, I'll do it," Nayeon said as she nod.

Jeongyeon gave the tray to Nayeon. We watched her as she walked to Dahyun and Chaeyoung's room where Y/N is resting now. She breathed first before opening the door. As Nayeon was already inside, I decided to go back to my room so I could change. I removed my shoes and changed my clothes.

As I finished changing, I heard the door go open and saw Mina walk in. She looked at me as if she wants to tell something so I asked her.

"I know you went to see him."

"How did you know?" I asked as I turned around as I was facing my mirror table a while ago.

"You're wearing the necklace he gave you. You only wear that when you go out to see him."

I looked at my neck and realized that I am still wearing the necklace he gave me when I agreed as he me to be his girlfriend.

"It doesn't matter anymore, I broke up with him," I said and removed the necklace.

"You do? He let you do that?"

"It's not like he has a choice. He's going to marry someone else, and that is something he can't stop. Instead of making it hard for him, I ended it so he doesn't need to choose between me or his family's wish."

"But we know that it's not the real reason why you wanted to end this."

I sighed and faced Mina.

"You're right. I guess I'm just not happy anymore. It's so hard, Mina. It's so hard that we need to hide just to continue this relationship. And him marrying another girl made everything more complicated for us."

"Will your decision change if he wasn't meant to marry another girl?"

"You already know the answer. His marrying another girl wasn't the real reason why I wanted to end what was between us. I can't stay in a relationship that only works when it's off everyone's eyes... I'm not like you Mina." I said which made her look at me.

"What do you mean like me?"

"Come on, you may hide it from the other girls but you can't hide it from me. I know that Chaeyoung and you have been dating secretly... To be honest, when I found out about you and Chaeyoung and how happy you two are together, I thought I could do the same for me and Daniel. But I was wrong, sometimes, I think maybe I am the problem. Who the hell is in the right mind to want a relationship out in public?"

"Well, me and Chaeyoung, of course."

"Huh?"

"You really think we want to hide our relationship? Jihyo, I wanted to let you know too. But I am scared that you aren't ready for that. That's why I ask Chaeyoung if we can keep it first. But sometimes It's hard, we live in the same building but we can't even act sweet like how we act when you guys aren't around."

"What made you think we aren't ready for that?"

"I don't know... I guess I just overthink a lot... But believe me when I say that we are planning to tell all of you soon. We are just looking for some right time since we know everything that is happening in the group is not yet well."

"If you also want to let it out, then how did you able to keep it for long?"

"I guess, I am just in the right person. It sounds cheesy, but I think everything can be possible as long as you both agree with each other. Chaeyoung understands that I am not ready to come out. She understands how my mind can be complicated sometimes, which is why I think we are going really well."

"You guys are lucky to have each other," I said.

"Yeah, and we are also lucky to have a friend like you who respects us. You knew our secret but you didn't say it to anyone."

"I don't have the right to ruin the surprise. I'm sure it's not just me who will accept you guys."

"We'll tell it to the others as soon as possible. Just not now. I know Chaeyoung is only waiting for my signal ever since, but today, I think I am the one who has to wait on her."

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"She has something else that she wants to tell to everyone. Maybe after that, we can tell to the other girls about our relationship."

______________________

Nayeon's PoV

As I entered the room, I saw Y/N on Chaeyoung's bed, sleeping soundly while hugging another pillow. I breathed deeply as I carefully put the tray down on the side table. I watched as Y/N's chest go up and down as she breathes. She's sleeping peacefully and I don't know how should I wake her up.

"Y/N?" I called first but it seemed like she was in her deep sleep and I know It will be tough for me to wake her.

"Y/N, wake up. It's time to eat." I said as I gently shake her.

I called her name again and by then, she moved and opened her eyes. She suddenly flinched but as soon she laid her eyes on me, she sighed and sat up quickly only and looked at me apologetically.

"Unnie, sorry, I thought-"

"It's okay. I just came to bring you some food. It's already lunch, you need to eat." I said as I get the tray and put her on the bed.

"Thank you."

"It's nothing, Jeongyeon, and Momo made that. You should eat now, then you can go back to your sleep if you wanted to."

"Where are the others?" She asked.

At first, I was hesitant, but I knew I have to tell her, maybe it will help her to make her feel she was not alone.

"They are just waiting outside. They want to go in here, but we think you'll prefer it if there will be fewer people in the room."

"No, it's okay. I want to eat with everyone."

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"Yeah."

"Do you want to eat outside or should I call them here?"

"Just outside, I don't want to spill anything on Chaeyoung unnie's blanket." She said as she laughed lightly.

"Okay then let's go. This food is best to eat with some company and while it's still hot." I said as I carried the tray again and stood up.

"That seems true."