2

One hand covered my mouth and the other wrapped around my waist. I reached for my gun from my pocket but he blocked it.

On instinct, I lifted my foot, kicking him in his crotch and putting him into headlock.

"Romano." My toneless voice spoke out as I had finally met my parents killer. The man under my arms was the one I had been searching for all these years. The one who killed my parents when I was just 14. Ever since I came across their dead bodies I vowed to find the one to took their lives and make him suffer.

My uncle always left me in the dark about my parents, saying they didn't love me as if it justifies them being killed. I grew up parentless, and as much as my aunty and uncle do for me, they'll never actually be the real thing - my mom and dad.

I'm a woman of my word and I always have been - and I'll make sure my vow is fulfilled.

I was proud of myself though for even getting here - the man under my arms is known to be ruthless and merciless, and one of the youngest dons in the world. But what he doesn't know is that I can be deadlier.

"I've been waiting for this moment for a long time." I grab my knife, feeling immense satisfaction. I'm about to press it to his neck before he freed himself and kicked me in the stomach.

"Not long enough." He spoke, voice deep and smooth. He lunged at me before I pinned him against the wall next to us, pointing a knife at him.

With the only source of light being the moon, I scanned my victim. Good god was he hot, and I've met a lot of hot men in my lifetime. This one was the kind of gorgeous you see once in a lifetime and never forget. Tall, dark, tattooed and built like a goddamn brick.

It almost felt like a shame I had to put this pretty face to waste. "Any last words?"

I pushed the knife into his neck, but barely even scratched him as he grabbed it and instead pinned me against the wall.

I exhaled with frustration, before I put my foot behind his leg causing him to tumble onto the ground. I thought I had the higher power while standing but he was fast with the way he kicked me and knocked me over on my back.

I groaned, my elbows sore from taking the brunt of the fall.

"Your uncle know about your little trip?" He said in a growl.

It was a threat. I could hear the warning behind his deep, dark voice.

We both knew my uncle and the dons father were inseparable, and that also benefited their mobs. Although they were always together, me, Jett and Irina never made any contact with Gianni's family.

But my vengeance had burned long enough, and now it was a flame, ravenous to devour anything that blocked its path.

I freed my arms and punched his face, breaking his nose on impact. He remained unfazed by the punch, eyes as cold and colourless as ice. Blood flowed out if his nose yet he didn't flinch one. Well fuck me, is he even human?

"You can't hide behind my uncle forever." I said in a bored tone as I pushed myself off of him.

I swiftly walked away, climbing the gates and walls to get back to my car as quiet as a cat. I aggressively started up my car and pushed on the accelerator, flooring through the empty roads of New York as my tight grip on the steering wheel ached my fingers.

I'll make you suffer Ricardo Romano. For mom and dad.

*********************************************

"Ariel. Wake up"

My warm blanket is ripped off of me, making me groan.

"Your uncle wants you in his office, he's not happy" Irina sang. Great, now I have to deal one of my uncles lectures, and 7 in the morning too.

I walked in to his office and sat down, crossing my arms. I knew what this was about. "Yes uncle."

"You went to the Romanos home and tried to kill the Don?" He calmly said, his eyes flashing anger.

I intended on saying as little words as possible, but I can never hold my tongue. "I can't believe you knew. You knew who killed my parents. You're telling me this whole time I was searching for him, he was under your protection?!!!"

He rubbed his temples. "Ariel, for the last time, let it go."

I stood up, placing my hand on the golden doorknob.

"You're about to take my place, you can't let your vengeance get in the way of your duties." He lectured.

"Leading the American mafia was never my choice uncle." I exhaled before leaving.

I sound like a loser when I say this, but I'd rather be free. Practice my own hobbies instead of being drawn into business and battles.

Jett was rightfully the next heir but my uncle and aunty adopted me after my parents died, making me the one to lead next.

*********************************************

"Ready for position?" I asked through the earpiece, as Irina and my uncle confirmed their places inside the ball. I stepped out of the limo, my deadly heels clicking in anticipation to capture my prey.

This mission took place in a hall which held a wealthy businessman's birthday party. Because my family owns multiple businesses across the country, we were invited.

My goal was to seduce and kill the famous hitman, Walter Bailey. To do that, I obviously had to look the part.

My dark brown hair was styled in loose curls which bounced with my every step towards the entrance. The choice of dress today was a tight red. Seems like men liked the colour more. Everything about it screamed provocative, from my bare leg peeking through the split and my cleavage. Hopefully this will make any man drop to his knees.

Once entering, I scanned my surroundings to locate my target.

My eyes narrowed as I searched through the crowds of people.

I stopped. My breath stilled. A pair of sharp eyes hooked onto mine. Ricardo Romano.

The idiot had the people around him visibly tense by his presence, except for me.

I fought the urge to roll my eyes, repeating to myself that I shouldn't try to kill him in front of everyone.

I soon spotted my target, talking to a few men by the drinks table. His chocolate brown hair was gelled back, revealing his chiseled face and run down eyes. I soon started to fantasise blood spilling out of his throat, especially after hearing he has a knack for raping little kids. My veins sparked with adrenaline as I walked towards my kill.

"Target under watch." I discreetly spoke into my earpiece. "Oh and Irina, tell Uncle to stop breathing so loud."

I was ready to lure my target into a trap before somebody tapped my shoulder.

"Miss Black, care for a dance?" Ricardo Romano asked, amusement in his otherwise dead eyes as if he somehow knew he was interfering with my mission. I twisted my face with frustration as I looked at the target and then back at Romano.

"I'm busy."

I tried walking away before I felt him grab my wrist. I stared at it with anger, never coming across anyone as insistent.

Before I knew it he pulled me close to him, a gasp escaped my mouth as he slipped his hand onto my waist.

He stared back at me with dry, almost malicious eyes. "I never asked."