Chapter 19: Childhood Friends

"I'll only be gone for a weekend," Taiji sighed, "Why are you guys acting like I'm leaving forever?"

The team was whining and groaning about how their female captain was going back to the Miyagi prefecture to visit Iwaizumi and Oikawa.

"BUT WHAT IF YOU GO AND NEVER WANT TO COME BACK?" Akari wailed, "WE CAN'T LOSE YOU!'

"IF TAIJI-SENPAI GOES, WE'LL FOLLOW HER!" Inuoka and Lev followed Akari's yelling.

The female captain was so done with their bullshit, "Please don't."

As they walked on to the train station, Kuroo felt distant from the conversation. He was wondering why he had a heavy churning feeling in his chest, why his heart was feeling sour.

A pout quietly displayed itself on the bedhead's expression with him noticing. The weight on his head seemed to get heavier as his thoughts spiraled out of control.

This 'Oikawa' seemed to be much more charming than he was, his hair looked way better and he took really great selfies. While this 'Iwaizumi' was a very reliable guy from all the stories Taiji had told him, he was someone Taiji could rely on.

Kuroo's heart sank.

Was he jealous?

Taiji noticed her boyfriend zoning out from the conversation and grabbed his arm, pulling him away from the crowd. Kuroo snapped out of his thoughts momentarily as the rest of the team went on ahead to give them privacy.

"Penny for your thoughts?" Taiji nudged him softly, "You're being extra quiet today."

Kuroo smiled a little, "It's nothing."

The grin on Taiji's face slipped, her eyes narrowed into a silent stare. 'Lies', she thought to herself.

"I'm only going to visit Tooru and Hajime," Her voice didn't waver, "I don't understand why everyone acts like I'm gonna leave them behind."

Kuroo's heart was 6 feet under at this point, the way she casually called them by their first names. Taiji's suspicions were confirmed as she read his expression. She smacked his arm as hard she could, which caused him to jump.

"Ouch, Hey what was that f-" Kuroo snapped out of his dark thoughts.

"-Whatever it is you're thinking about, Tetsurou, stop it" Taiji crossed her arms, "Those two idiots are my best friends, and you're my boyfriend, so stop it."

Kuroo slowly raised his head as he listened to Taiji scolding him, her words brushing away his doubts. A lopsided grin replaced his pout as he threw his arm around Taiji's shoulders, "You definitely have a way with words."

"I get that a lot," the female captain chuckled.

~~~

The team could hear the two captains yelling at each other, and they knew that Taiji had already brought the Roosterhead back to earth.

"They're made for each other aren't they?" Akari sighed dreamily, "My ship!"

Fukunaga sighed, "It's way too cliche."

The team laughed a little, agreeing with that.

~~~

As Taiji got off the train, she looked around for the two boys. Her eyes were drawn toward the crowd of guys in white and turquoise jackets.

"Tai-chan!" a voice called over, the female captain noticed Oikawa and Iwaizumi and started walking towards them.

Oikawa almost didn't recognize his best friend. Her brown hair was longer and her figure stood tall, but her green eyes remained the same. They had the same sparkle that he remembered years ago.