t h i r t y

"This is so uncomfortable!", Aerin complained behind the changing curtain

Friday afternoons were usually Aerin's favorite afternoons but right now she would give everything to end it already. After school, Jeno drove her to that fancy shop in the richest part of town. The store -or should I say boutique- had that high end, expensive feeling which made her feel a little bit out of place. Jeno, poor -not literally- boy tried to leave but Aerin forced him to stay by grabbing his jacket and pulling him back into the store. So he was actually sitting on the couch of one of the boutique's vip's room waiting for Aerin to try on all the dresses -yes there were multiple dresses.

"Why are there so many dresses to try on?", she complained, stepping out of the changing cabin. A woman employee helped her zip the dress all the way up and she turned to look at Jeno, whose focus was on his phone.

"Well my mom always says 'go big or go home' and Somin has always been quite pick-", Jeno's voice got caught in his throat when he raised his head to look at Aerin.

"I look so weird.", Aerin said, looking at herself in the mirror on the wall behind Jeno.

"Yeah, weird...", Jeno muttered to himself, eyes still on his friend.

"I'm definitely not wearing this one.", Aerin finally said, walking back in the changing cabin.

Jeno still looked where she was, blinking a few times as if he was still registering the image of Aerin in a dress. She looked good, that, he couldn't deny but since when did thinking that someone looked good in a platonic way was so breathtaking and made his heart go a little too wild?

As he started to space out, Aerin had already put on the second dress. She asked him something but he was so much in his thoughts that he didn't hear her. She grabbed parts of her dress with her hands and lifted it a bit so she could go down the little stairs separating the changing area and the waiting area of the room, and waved her hand in front of Jeno's face to bring him out of his little daydream, "Earth to Jeno."

"Wha- Oh! Umh...Sorry. What did you say?"

"Isn't this dress a little too much? I mean it's a gala not an American prom.", she said, making Jeno let out a chuckle.

"You still look good though.", he said as she walked away not knowing that she heard him.

"I know.", she smirked even though he couldn't see her.

Jeno blushed at her words as he understood that she heard him. Aerin tried on some more dresses -and Jeno was definitely not complaining- before settling on a gorgeous black dress with an elegant slit on the side.

"I think this one is perfect.", Aerin said, standing in front of Jeno.

An employee came with the pair of high heels that went with the dress and Aerin's eyes widened, "I have to wear heels too?"

Jeno shrugged which made her roll her eyes before taking the shoes and slipping them on. Jeno got up to help her since she was obviously struggling. As he stood back up, Aerin thanked him and suddenly they locked eyes. It was the first time she could actually look at him in the eyes without raising her head that much -why do they have to be so tall?- like actually look at his eyes.

There was a moment of silence with just the two of them looking into each other's eyes. It was like they were in their own world until Aerin blinked a few times and got out of her trance, clearing her throat. Jeno jumped away from her and rubbed the back of his neck.

"I guess I should get use to this things.", she said, talking about the heels to quickly change the subject.

Aerin changed back into her normal clothes and they both left the store. Aerin sat in the passenger seat as Jeno drove, "I'll send Mr.Min to come pick you up tomorrow at 3PM so you can take your time to get ready."

"When is the gala thing starting?"

"8."

"Then why do I have to leave my house at 3?"

"Don't you girls need some time to get ready?"

"Well, first that's super sexist and two, I'll have you know that I can get ready in thirty minutes.", she said, rolling her eyes at him.

"Sorry, not trying to be sexist here. I'm just used to Somin taking ages to get ready. I'll have Mr.Min come at 6 instead."

"No 3 is fine. We can like eat and chill before going to your parents' fancy party."

"Chill?", he wiggled his eyebrows playfully.

"Damn my dirty mind really affected yours, didn't it? And stop wiggling your eyebrows or I'm going to puke.", she said, pushing his face away with a little smile nonetheless.

", she said, pushing his face away with a little smile nonetheless

a/n: okay this is cute and all but get ready for the next tea 🤧